X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    The aluminum-only ethos is one I can support. Not only are the containers unbreakable, but a hell of a lot lighter and more compact for those that have to clean them up afterwards. Not to mention, more discreet for carrying around in places where you're not supposed to be drinking in the first place. Also, occasionally, you'll find that homeless or exceedingly frugal folks will scavenge trash cans for aluminum, which ends up being a win/win for everyone--they don't have any interest in the glass though.
    Sounds like Washington need to charge a deposit on cans and bottles like Oregon does. There is always someone picking up cans and bottles out of the trash at Oregon parks. The deposit may go up to a dime if the bottle bill gets changed this year.
    It all adds up to cleaner parks and highways.

Comment

At Tom Pearce Park in Grants Pass a couple months ago, I ran into a down-on-his-luck guy who was gathering up all the cans from the disc golf course. He said he didn't bother with bottles because they were so much heavier and harder to transport... with cans, he could lug four garbage bags around at once.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

First, I want to thank all of the golfers who played at Steilly this weekend.

Lakewood was deserted yesterday, same with Seatac today.

I like to play at a pretty constant pace, which is why I rarely play in a foursome, its just too long between shots, and this weekend was just a joy, like playing in the middle of the winter, or like back in the olden days at Seatac.

Chuck, you did such a good job I could not tell which was fomerly the poo basket.
        I had not read your whole thread previously, so I wasnt sure which basket. I played carefully today, always keeping my eyes open for stray nuggets, but I found none.
        I even speculated with Greg that I though it was the #15 basket, because of the giant bag of trash near #16 tee.

Sean , I think thats his name, with the dog named Lincoln, rebuilt the steps on #10 fairway today, that looks nice.

The replacement "Flintstones" style bench on #14 is still there, and is quite functional, with a large seating area as well as built in end tables to hold your bag, or beverage.

GRASS IS LONG !!

Watch your shots carefully , or use a spotter, and leave the green discs at home.

Comment

Actually It was that chUck guy.
          rewindb.com

Comment

That was me, Jack. Lincoln is laughing at me now because everyone always remembers him, not me.

The stairs feel pretty solid, and I was able to harvest a whole bunch of red brick pieces, possibly useful, most likely trash.

Also, I spent a few hours removing blackberries from the island between 1&2 fairway, from the monster bush on 2, and from the ghost of a fenceline on 2's green.

Jub, do we need to wait until fall/winter to fill in the fairway holes? Or will it be effective to throw some fill dirt in them now? I tried to get a few divots of 10's fairway with leftover dirt, but it felt like I was trying to piss out a wildfire.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              Jub, do we need to wait until fall/winter to fill in the fairway holes? Or will it be effective to throw some fill dirt in them now? I tried to get a few divots of 10's fairway with leftover dirt, but it felt like I was trying to piss out a wildfire.
              Chuck-
              I'd filled in a bunch of fairway holes just prior to CSI last month. I left my wheelbarrow and a shovel (donation to Seatac) under a cedar tree just east of tourney central and just west of tee pad 8. I filled in the larger holes with rocks, then layered with fill from the sides of the fairways (where shots don't land) and then put some sod on top so they don't turn into mud and/or weed piles (that's why the filled holes on 18 are nonexistent now). Sooo, if you wanted to go through the trouble, feel free to use the barrow and shovel.

Looking forward to getting out there and checking out your handiwork.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X