X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    It's on a need to know basis and since you live in New York now you don't need to know.
    Sounds just like the Seattle Disc Golf Club.
    Payback is a bitch. I guess you are getting your laughs now.

Don't be a jackass, Tom. I know it's tough for you.
    I have sweated a lot more blood on that course than you ever will.
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

C'mon now, it's not that need to know.

From the most recent newsletter:

Sea-tac disc golf course is currently undergoing new management. I (Keith Lionetti)am currently working with city of sea-tac and Herm to renegotiate a new contract.What this means is that I have invested some money to take on the stewardship role of the disc golf course located inside North Sea-tac Park. I am willing to make this a club run course, and in doing so I want to offer anyone interested in helping to make this course look better a chance to adopt-a-hole. This program will have a couple of options. If you have the luxury and can afford it for $200 you can get a personalized marble engraved slab with your name,your organizations name or if you want to personalize the hole with a nickname that you choose to give it. As long as it is OK with the City of Sea-tac Parks we will place this slab securly next to the tee pad of your proposed hole. If we cannot for some weird city of sea-tac parks code that we cannot negotiate or get around each of them will be displayed proudly in chainbangerz disc golf shop and on our Discovering Open Spaces website as a major contributor.If you dont have the funds but have the energy and time to invest you can help maintain that hole in exchange of paying for it. This will give you a sense of ownership to the course,and will relieve me of any personal debt.So if you have a favorite hole and want to make it dialed out within my guidelines as per city of sea-tac contractual agreement, then by all means we will encourage this.
      In the coming weeks we will have a place here online to securely adopt-a-hole or you can always come in the shop to pay and discuss specifics for what you want your slab to say and what hole you want to adopt.

We (Chainbangers Disc Golf Club) will be hosting monthly c-tier sanctioned tournaments at sea-tac disc golf course to help raise funds for the club as well as for any improvements needed for that course. We should be able to launch these as soon as March.
      I think this is a great step forward. Anytime in the past, whenever people have suggested any kind of change, the answer has always been "Yeah that'll happen, as soon as somebody buys Herm out." It'd always been a hypothetical, but now Keith has stepped up and made it happen. The future looks bright.

Michael, I know you've done a lot of work out there, and we're all thankful for that. Please keep in mind that although Thomas is a vocal member of the club, he's not a spokesman for the club.

Thomas, please stop making me explain this to people.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I guess I forgot a smiley in that post.

Sometimes my "humor" doesn't relate well to the internet or is it that my brain and my fingers don't mix well? Sorry, I was just giving you a hard time Michael.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          C'mon now, it's not that need to know.

From the most recent newsletter:

I think this is a great step forward. Anytime in the past, whenever people have suggested any kind of change, the answer has always been "Yeah that'll happen, as soon as somebody buys Herm out." It'd always been a hypothetical, but now Keith has stepped up and made it happen. The future looks bright.

Michael, I know you've done a lot of work out there, and we're all thankful for that. Please keep in mind that although Thomas is a vocal member of the club, he's not a spokesman for the club.

Thomas, please stop making me explain this to people.
          Thanks Tim! Happy new year.

Hey Tom: instead of doing your best to try to alienate me, you should have hit me up for a donation.
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Could we start over?

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
            This is a question that needs asking again. I have heard that Herm has been bought out and Chainbangers has taken over.

Well???
            Yes, Keith has bought out Herm and the club is now in charge of North Seatac Park's Disc Golf Course.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I don't know much about the weird history of Seattle disc golf politics, so can someone clue me in as to who Herm is and why he had to be bought out before anyone could do work at the course? It wasn't his course, was it? Didn't it belong to the city of Seattle? Strange happenings up north, I tell ya.

Just curious....

Comment

Long story short, Herm was the guy largely responsible for getting the course installed. When he did, there were contractual arrangements made.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  I don't know much about the weird history of Seattle disc golf politics, so can someone clue me in as to who Herm is and why he had to be bought out before anyone could do work at the course? It wasn't his course, was it? Didn't it belong to the city of Seattle? Strange happenings up north, I tell ya.

Just curious....
                  Well, as long as its a done deal.

Hermanson "owns" all the baskets, and he renewed the contract with the city every year.

So Keith had to buy the baskets, as well as renegotiate the contract.
                  Hopefully the rest of the plans can now move forward, and Seatac will go from being just challenging, to a true world class disc golf course.

Comment

Yeah, I'm super excited that a larger group of folks will be able to have input into this gem. The Chainbangers club is going to be doing a bit of fundraising this year to cover the up-front costs of purchasing the pins. Hopefully we'll be able to keep making this place better and better!

'Weekend 4 Women':
                    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Also, I'm not sure who thinks the holes at SeaTac are tight, but y'all might need to do some more traveling because the NW is just plain lacking wooded courses.

14 is like 90% air - nothing wrong with percentages. Hit the giant window off the tee and try to land in one of the two landing zones.
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

#14 isn't even the worst hole out there for that. Holes 8 and 11 come to mind way before #14.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          #14 isn't even the worst hole out there for that. Holes 8 and 11 come to mind way before #14.
                          I find 14 and 18 to be the most difficult but my strong throw is LHBH. Hole 8 is one of my faves because if I can make it through the gap in the four Xmas trees then I'm looking good for par or maybe a birdie attempt.
                          The mistake I see most golfers make on 11 is to try to make it over that line of barrier trees up on the step up. Most don't. I drive with my putter for precision and try to get it on the left side up on the step which gives me a good chance for a clear approach and a three on the hole.

Of course that's all just theory - Most of the time SeaTac still kicks my ass!

Comment

I'm new to the area and I'm glad I started reading this old thread. It helps me with understanding the Seattle disc golf scene. So, correct me if I'm wrong.

Chainbangerz has an organized club and cares for Sea-Tac and Lakewood.
                            Terrace Creek was installed and is cared for by a disc golfer named Lowell, but there is no club. Silver Lake, Mineral Springs and Howling Coyote are just fun courses everyone visits once in a while, but Howling Coyote will be gone soon. The West Sound Association has all those courses under control. Um... Lake Stevens is supposed to be cool, but no club?

Is that basically it? There is no unified and organized Seattle disc golf club, or Washington disc golf club? There's only Chainbangerz club and West Sound Association?

Maybe I should have started a new thread.

Comment

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...

don't believe everything posted on an internet forum to be the only truth.

That being said West Sound really does have their sh!t together.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cinque View Post
                                Is that basically it? There is no unified and organized Seattle disc golf club, or Washington disc golf club? There's only Chainbangerz club and West Sound Association?
                                People have tried but you'll find the area is plagued currently with intransigent personalities, jelousy, and more than a dash of player entitlement with a very, very low percentage of golfers willing to take initiative.

Sorry to be harsh, but thats the scene as I see it

Second that West Sound (and Mason Co) is moving forward in a big way and Chainbangerz has made awesome progress in Seattle probably more in even just the past few months than has happened in a while. But you still find that unity isn't really the Seattle area way
                                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X