Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    On 14 try throwing hyzer off the box. It opens up the hole
    To where? Behind the "fence" of trees? If you make it past the fence, there are some lines to be had, but being a foot or two in any direction can rule those lines out. Some shots might yield a better chance of having a line than others, but it's always a gamble--you can never really be sure if you had a good shot or not until you get to your disc.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Actually you throw it towards the 13 Tee and try to end up by the black man hole cover on the path. Next time we are there I will show you.
      rewindb.com

Comment

How about removing a few trees from that grove, in order to create a few legitimate lines for 2nd shots, and creating actual desirable landing areas to drive for? Whoops, did I say a bad word? OK, MOVE the trees, or better yet, take out some invasive species, plant some native species somewhere else!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          How about removing a few trees from that grove, in order to create a few legitimate lines for 2nd shots, and creating actual desirable landing areas to drive for? Whoops, did I say a bad word? OK, MOVE the trees, or better yet, take out some invasive species, plant some native species somewhere else!
          Here, here. I loves me some Seatac, but hole 14 is just dumb........about as dumb as a Superclass tourney.........RIPT.......Three Headed Monster.......the woods holes at Bryant Park......

Comment

Whoa boys, Whoa!
            I gotta speak up for my homeys at the 'Tac. Hole 14 is awesome as it is. Lots of us regulars would hate to see it changed in any way. When I first saw this thread and saw that ChUcK was planning on doing some maintenance I assumed that he was gonna be doing a lot of grass mowing. And I think that would be awesome but IMHO that's all SeaTac needs. I started playing the course in the spring of 2005 and I play about 75 games a year there. It's a much easier course now than it was when I started. The course used to be MUCH more overgrown. I don't think that was a bad thing The recent unauthorized tree butchery that made the course easier was really aggravating. I've disagreed with some of the authorized maintenance. I don't like the window they cut in the bush just SE of basket 12.
            I realize that not everyone appreciates difficult courses. I've played 41 courses in the past five years and I liked every one of them but the ones that are memorable (Mciver, Delaveaga, Lake Casitas) seem to be the more difficult ones.
            Bottom Line: Don't make SeaTac easier - Do make it MORE difficult!

Comment

I didn't think Chuck had the slightest intention of making it "easier"; it sounds like he just wants to help clean things up and remove some invasive weeds.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

What Adam said. I don't want to make the Tac easier or harder, just a more pleasant place to golf.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Sorry Chuck! I mis-communicated. I think it's great that you're doing course maintenance. I saw the "Seatac Schedule" thread and I think you have some good ideas there. My remarks about making the course easier weren't directed at you Chuck. They were directed at the idea of removing that brutal row of trees on 14. I can't support that idea. I feel if you play it the way Jub said then it's a good solid par four hole and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Comment

This is not an exact science by any means. I agree the issue on 12 is very sad. I have proposed installing chain link fence into the hole you can see through but not get through.

I seriously doubt alt tees will be in anytime soon.

I think 14 is a weird hole The basket was moved because one golfer had a birdie that Herm did not like so he moved it. It sure was harder before the trees were cut down in the first 1/3
                    rewindb.com

Comment

My issue isn't with the row of trees...I think they're a good feature, actually. It's once you get past the row of trees that I have issues. I think know the area that Jub's talking about--that's the "higher percentage" area that I usually go for, but I use a sidearm to get there. Still it's the same story though, you could be in one spot and be golden, or be two feet to the right and have nothin'. Don't get me wrong, I love difficult holes, but I like them to have more dependence on skill than luck.

Speaking of moving the pin, I think there's a case for moving it again. It seems like every tournament I play there, there's always an issue of people's drives on 16 coming into 14's green. I know last year before Jet Wash, Heath was putting on 14 and got beaned in the head by a drive coming in hot.

Also, I think it's good that Barbikes mentioned mowing...that is definitely the most pressing issue with the course this time of year. It's great that Chuck wants to help out the course, but it kind of defeats the purpose if the course isn't reasonably playable. Are there plans in place to keep it mowed throughout the green season?

Dual tees would definitely be a huge asset to the course, as would alternate pins. What's the reason for that not happening any time soon, Jub? Funding, motivation, or Herm?
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Dual tees would definitely be a huge asset to the course, as would alternate pins. What's the reason for that not happening any time soon, Jub? Funding, motivation, or Herm?
                        Here's a somewhat crazy idea... why not have a "Club Meeting" and all interested participants and wanna-be club members could join for whatever nominal fee and then participate in a forum dealing with all the issues of the course: maintenance, future direction of the course, garbage collection, security, getting poop off the chains, etc.?

I know, I know, it's a bit off the wall but I would contend that all of the responses on this thread indicate that maybe there's a need for some discussion. Just a thought, don't want to stir up any trouble 3 weeks before moving to NC...

Comment

I agree completely. That course is a big huge slice of awesome, but hole 14 is the taint. Fix this one hole and I doubt I could find anything to complain about the course at Seatac.

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                          Here, here. I loves me some Seatac, but hole 14 is just dumb........about as dumb as a Superclass tourney.........RIPT.......Three Headed Monster.......the woods holes at Bryant Park......
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I agree with you on every point except hole 14. Throwing directly at a grove of trees and praying does NOT make a good hole. There is no fairway through that middle grove, and that fact alone makes it a bad hole.

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
                            Whoa boys, Whoa!
                            I gotta speak up for my homeys at the 'Tac. Hole 14 is awesome as it is. Lots of us regulars would hate to see it changed in any way. When I first saw this thread and saw that ChUcK was planning on doing some maintenance I assumed that he was gonna be doing a lot of grass mowing. And I think that would be awesome but IMHO that's all SeaTac needs. I started playing the course in the spring of 2005 and I play about 75 games a year there. It's a much easier course now than it was when I started. The course used to be MUCH more overgrown. I don't think that was a bad thing The recent unauthorized tree butchery that made the course easier was really aggravating. I've disagreed with some of the authorized maintenance. I don't like the window they cut in the bush just SE of basket 12.
                            I realize that not everyone appreciates difficult courses. I've played 41 courses in the past five years and I liked every one of them but the ones that are memorable (Mciver, Delaveaga, Lake Casitas) seem to be the more difficult ones.
                            Bottom Line: Don't make SeaTac easier - Do make it MORE difficult!
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                              What's the story with SeaTac Park? Who is in control of the course?

The reason I ask is this- summer school looks like a bust this year, so I will find myself with loads of free time on my hands. I thought it might be nice to spend my mornings at the park in a constant maintenance effort.

So... I need to know who is the head honcho at this time so I can discuss various projects and possibilities of course beautification and cleanup. I have no intention of altering the play of any holes, I'm more interested in removing most of the blackberries and scotch broom from the course, and I'd like some direction by the responsible authorities.

Should I just talk to Guy? Who is the dude that installed the kick-ass "next tee->" signs before CSI? I heard rumors about a transfer of basket rights from Herm to other people... Grossman's name comes up every now and then... What's the true state of the course right now?

Oh, and if anyone even mentions the Herm Disc Golf Club (pay attention to this eye-roll, it's gonna be a good one- ) with a straight face I will scratch the entire idea and spend my days at Terrace instead.
                              This is a question that needs asking again. I have heard that Herm has been bought out and Chainbangers has taken over.

Well???
                              "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                                This is a question that needs asking again. I have heard that Herm has been bought out and Chainbangers has taken over.

Well???
                                It's on a need to know basis and since you live in New York now you don't need to know.
                                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X