X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatac 4th Sunday Acepot

I wanted to go ahead and start an "ace pot" of sorts at Seatac to try and bring some more folks out to one of the best training grounds in the state. Similar format to Lakewood with Open being $15 and Am $12 of which $2 goes to the ace pot and $2 goes to the course. 18 or 20 hole format (TBD by those who show) playing holes 1-18, then hole 2, and capping it off with hole 1 for a final run.

Since it doesn't cater well to aces on a lot of the holes, I plan on having deuces on holes 12 and 14-18 counting as a "field ace" and taking home 75% of the pot. If someone hit an ace on say Hole 1 (a true ace) and someone else hit a "field ace", the pot would be split between the two with the field ace getting 75% of the split with the remainder staying in the pot for the following month.

First time this would go down is NEXT Sunday, March 22. I'm assuming that since I'm 5th on the wait list for the Aloha I won't get in, so this is my contingency plan to get some local competitive excitement. I'm hoping this will become a monthly event despite the fact that I'm moving to North Carolina in a couple months. The Ombudsman has already said that he'd like to keep it going post May.

Come on out 4th Sundays folks!
    -Gill

I might be there this Sun. I am also on the waiting list for the Aloha Sushi Classic. So I don't know if I want to make the drive (Puyallup) just to find out I can't play. Don't know yet though still deciding, if I don't go to Walla Walla I will def. be at Sea Tac.
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

The inaugural Seatac ace pot got off to a good start. 8 folks showed in surprisingly very pleasant weather and played a 20-hole format (par 60).

We had no aces but one field ace resulting from a format variation proposed by Jub (why?!?! ) - in addition to having field aces on holes 12, 14-18 the variation was to also have field aces for just the Ams on holes 3, 6, and 11. Congrats to Rahn (who opportunistically stepped into this TDs blunder of going along with the variation) drilling a sidearm roughly 400ft on hole 6 setting up a 30ft putt and taking home 75% of the $16 (I'm not sure if we'll be doing the field ace on those holes again! That, or forced upgrades at the TDs discretion... hmm).

Results otherwise looked like this:
      Am
      Rahn Henderson 72
      Brian Haze 74
      Brent Smith/Jub 79

Open
      Matthew Gill 63
      Bjorn Pinney 67
      Frank Lewis 71
      Tuffi 75

So, state of the ace pot is at $15 after the 25% remainder and contributions by the club to bolster it. Next op to take some runs at aces will be April 26, 9.30 sign up, 10am start.

Comment

Holes 3 and 6? For the ams? I know all sorts of ams who can hurl plastic farther than the pros, and easily deuce those two.

(The ams may not be throwing as straight as the pros, but easily farther!)

i.e. Rahn.

As for 11, I'd say it doesn't deserve a field ace money opportunity merely because it's not very long at all. Harder than the other two, but still...
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Hole 4 is a possibility, if it's worth the bother. A little more technical, takes out some of the "you throw far" factor.
          Agreed 11 should be out- a good side-arm can reach it with a decent throw.

Comment

This is happening again next Sunday, 10am - back to field aces ONLY on holes 12, 14-18 (sorry Jubner). The Ombudsman will be running it since I'm off to NC. Ace pot stands at $30.

Comment

This is happening Sunday at 10, right? ... a lot of time has passed with no talk on here, so I want to make sure. I finally have a free weekend, and I'll definitely be at this acepot if it's running.
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                This is happening Sunday at 10, right? ... a lot of time has passed with no talk on here, so I want to make sure. I finally have a free weekend, and I'll definitely be at this acepot if it's running.
                I don't know if the Ombudsman, Rahn or Trevor has kept this going. Sadly, I've moved to NC and despite running Lakewood dubs this past Thursda (still not sure how I got roped into that), I've no ability to keep this one going. Come on motivated people, time to step up and make a contribution to further the local DG scene!

Comment

Originally posted by chainbanger'z
                  I did not realize that this post was from last year. I went to the 2010 calendar & saw 4th sunday sea-tac ace pot... So hey,sorry, my bad...
                  looks like I'll just post it elsewhere on this site..
                  Not to mention that Gill now lives in NC. Carry on!
                  Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

You can alway edit your post after you realize your mistakes to minimize the number of people seeing your idiocracies

Or Delete them
                    Last edited by DMajor; February 1st, 2010, 09:43 AM.
                    Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                      I don't know if the Ombudsman, Rahn or Trevor has kept this going. Sadly, I've moved to NC and despite running Lakewood dubs this past Thursda (still not sure how I got roped into that), I've no ability to keep this one going. Come on motivated people, time to step up and make a contribution to further the local DG scene!
                      Is this event still running? Please let me know so I can update the calendar.
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Is this event still running? Please let me know so I can update the calendar.
                        yes Chainbangerz will be starting it up FEB 28th

thank you

Comment

Upcoming Acepot

This Sunday, July 18th there's going to be an Acepot event at Lakewood & Seatac. Keith from Chainbangerz is running this months acepot as a Duel Nature tune-up! Here's the scoop...

Starting at 12 noon at the LOWER PARKING LOT (by hole 14) at Lakewood there will be 11 holes played including some of the proposed holes for the upcoming course re-design. There's currently $190 up for grabs for a hole in one at the Lakewood course. Next, it's off to Seatac for 11 more holes and a shot at the Seatac Acepot which stands at $300. The price of admission for this bit of fun is $15 for pros, $12 for Advanced and $10 for Intermediates. Since Chainbangerz is running this one there's a $2 discount for CDGC club members (ask Keith about this if you don't know what it is!)

Reminders: In anticipation of the Duel Nature tourney there's going to be a work party at Seatac this Saturday starting at around 10:00am. Bring your line trimmer if you've got one and take a wack at the tac! Other mowing, chopping and hacking tools are welcome as well, just make sure you check with Keith before you start cutting anything other than blackberries or Scotch broom. After a couple of hours at Seatac I'm planning to spend a little time at Lakewood working on holes 7-10 with the weed wrench. Any and all are welcome to join me there as well.

One other thing... The Duel Nature event is filling up nicely, there are over 100 players that have taken the plunge. If you're thinking of playing but haven't yet registered you might oughta head over to lakewooddiscgolf.com and get yourself signed up.

Hope to see you at the course soon, Eric

Comment

November 2010 - 4th Sunday SeaTac Ace Pot ?

Chanbangerz.com notes an Ace Pot will happen this Sunday:

"ACE POT Sunday, November 28. November 28th will be the next CDGC sea-tac ace-pot. It is currently at $341.00 . I will be adding $9 to make it a nice even $350 . It just sounds nicer. So you have 4 weeks to plan for it. Keep the day open so that you can keep the chains ringing."

Anyone know what time it starts?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultraman View Post
                              Chanbangerz.com notes an Ace Pot will happen this Sunday:

"ACE POT Sunday, November 28. November 28th will be the next CDGC sea-tac ace-pot. It is currently at $341.00 . I will be adding $9 to make it a nice even $350 . It just sounds nicer. So you have 4 weeks to plan for it. Keep the day open so that you can keep the chains ringing."

Anyone know what time it starts?

Thanks.
                              According to an E-mail I received yesterday from Chainbangerz:

Sunday Nov. 28th at noon at sea-tac disc golf course. Meet near hole #1 and look out for the beard. You can't miss it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X