Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lost and found box

Howdy,
    Some bastard(s) broke our old course maintenance/ lost disc box into pieces so they could steal discs.

That made me angry.

So, we have a new box that will prevent entry with anything short of a machete, sledge or pickax. The locks are city of Seattle Parks, so I can't do much with that.
    It's vandal resistant with a 25 year design life, warrantied by me. 2-layer composite sides backed with 4x4s, Hardy Siding cement fiber bottom, custom metal ground contact points, etc. Still have to add the metal corner protection and some ventilation/drainage touches.

I will be up-armoring the box as needed or until I take shelter in it during the zombie apocalypse.

I will take the design credit but Jeff, a 28 year journeyman carpenter, gets construction credit. If anyone wants some tips on how to make an asshole-resistant storage box, please give me a call at 206-719-6427.

Once the city replaces their locks the lost disc pile will move from my office back to the box. And that cannot happen soon enough.

Cheers,
    Bro
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Hello everybody,
    Keys are with me, lowell, mike, jeff, david w.
    Bunch of discs in there that have not been called. I will slowly rectify that situation as I can.
    Crowds are dwindling at North Park, often the most humbling 2.3 acres of disc golf.
    Cheers, Bro
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X