X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Random Draw Doubles

Sign-in for 5:00. I'm not sure of the rest of the deets ($5.00?), but I do know that Erik and his partner won last week with a -9 and Erik skip-aced #8. Let's hope this becomes a regular event at a really fun course! Shoot, I might even be able to make it tonight.
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

^^^^ Made it and took the money. Well done!!! Also 6PM $6 $1 ace pot
    10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

12 players Friday evening. Trevor and I took it with a -8. I believe I heard -4 was 2nd place.

I see some promising talent with Carlee (sp?) winging it out there 350' which overdrove #12.

Team Deucebag

Comment

Hey Getty, what time does this start this coming Friday? A few of us are roadtripping down to Carny to play.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          Hey Getty, what time does this start this coming Friday? A few of us are roadtripping down to Carny to play.
          Starts at 6:00. I'm hoping I can fit it into my schedule this week.

Team Deucebag

Comment

Carlee (sp?) and Ed took it down last night with a new course doubles rekkid of -12. 17 players representing! Come on down next Friday and come get you some!!

BTW, if anyone found a small speaker about 1" square with a heart design on it, I'd really like to have that back.

Team Deucebag

Comment

13 players tonight. Trevor and Greg took it with -10 while Carlee and Doug won the playoff over me and Daniel, both shooting -8.

Come get you some next Friday afternoon!

Team Deucebag

Comment

16 players last Friday. Trevor Thorp and Kent take down 1st with a -9 while me and Toby ? took 2nd with a -7. The ace pot is now up to $53. Showtime is 6pm tomorrow.
                Last edited by Getty; May 3rd, 2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: syntacs

Team Deucebag

Comment

Looks like we might get lucky with the weather again this week. Been working out great everytime!
                  10/4 5PM START Carnation weekly Random Doubles every Thursday untill we cant see our discs flying anymore. All info in the link http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=8788

Comment

Are the Friday night doubles still going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabentgf View Post
                      Are the Friday night doubles still going on?
                      Yes. We start at 6pm tonight.

Team Deucebag

Comment

The Carnation weekly doubles is now on thursday nights at 6pm!

Comment

Thursday switch

Hey guys, just noticed you have switched the Fri dubs to Thursday.
                          I just wanted to ask why?
                          Of course my curiosity is for the sake of a long running tradition that has been happening at Lakewood for quite a few years now, which also happens to be on Thursday night at 6pm.
                          I know its not a bad thing to have multiple weekly events on the same day, it shows growth in the area.If the numbers are there equally and not competively, but to add to the growth, than ultimetely thats the goal. Even on a larger scale for disc golf as a whole and what I am ultimetely supportive of. That should be the goal for us all right?
                          Weekly dubs are so awesome because it promotes energy and funds to help maintain and expand on courses.
                          I know we have a strong DG scene in the Seattle and surrounding areas, and its growing, but has it grown to the point where courses should have same day weekly dubs?
                          I know the distance is far enough, but I also know there are quite a few guys that would come from carnation to play Lakewood if it wasnt on the same day,theres a few of you on this thread alone that very well could be considered regulars. I also think if people know about Carnation Fridays and they are told about it on Thursdays when I host it and announce it, I can safetly say people will come.
                          I would love to help get the word out at both our shops and via newsletter to help even more, and I guess my concern is that having its own day would be better for you guys.
                          Plus I might even want to try to close early and actually play in one Loutsis Dubs.

Comment

Keith, it came down to the fact that it's summer and a lot of us bail town on Fridays. Tournament players won't show on the Friday before a tourney either. Personally, I wouldn't be able to play another Friday night again until late September due to summer fun and tournaments.

As much as I love playing Lakewood dubs, I'm lucky to get home by 10pm and the alarm goes off way too early here in the summer (effin roosters). We're sticking to our guns here for a bit to see if it works out, but we did consider the fact that Lakewood dubs was the same night.

I guess there just isn't a perfect night on the schedule with all the dubs going on around the county, but I feel that's a good thing. BTW, I'm not an organizer, as I'm just another player who enjoys dubs out here.

Team Deucebag

Comment

Getty pretty much covered it. I had to choose between the nights white river plays and the nights Lakewood plays. I have not seen any of the locals from lakewood making it out and there has been some coming out from the Auburn area to throw. I do not believe it should cause any drop in the number of players you will be seeing just trying to make it so the locals here can make it out every week.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X