X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized course maintenance

I noticed today that someone trimmed the lower branches off the big cedar guarding the basket on 14, making for a much cleaner skip shot.
    The branches were cut off clean with a limb saw, not hacked.
    I almost made it with my upshot, birdies should be more plentiful now.

I was there today too and noticed that. I don't understand what compels someone to do that.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

How do you know it was unauthorized?

Comment

I know! Its only been there for a zillion years, 14 never moves, it cant be anybody who's been playing there a while.

It has to be somebody new, who is trying way too hard, and needs instant gratification.
        Next ace on 14 gets an instant beat down.

Because nobody does that kind of maintenance, least of all the parks dept.
        The lower branches were quite healthy, providing a thick barrier only between the tee and the basket, and all the trees in the surrounding area were untouched.
        Any vagrants living in the park usually dont sport limb saws in thier shopping carts.
        The club members have zero incentive to trim those branches, it makes the hole more challenging.
        Some brushing out of blackberries has been done in the past, but even Chucky dont play with a limb saw.
        So it was a rogue move by a sad excuse for a disc golfer looking for attention.
        Like a DG cry for help.
        Last edited by captain jack; January 28th, 2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I noticed that also. I could be wrong but I'm assuming the parks department did that to discourage the homeless from sleeping there. The area just OB to the west of basket six has had the same sort of trimming done and I know that spot was a favorite of the homeless folks before the trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Because Captain Jack didn't authorize it.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
              I noticed that also. I could be wrong but I'm assuming the parks department did that to discourage the homeless from sleeping there. The area just OB to the west of basket six has had the same sort of trimming done and I know that spot was a favorite of the homeless folks before the trimming.
              Nope. Walk 20 paces west from 14 basket, then 20 paces north, you will see where the homeless peeps sleep. Its just to your left when you walk away from 16 basket. That spot has been used for years now, and the parks dept did nothing to change that recently. I have never seen any signs of anyone sleeping under that big cedar, and I know, I end up under that thing alot.

Originally posted by ChUck
              Because Captain Jack didn't authorize it.
              Exactly !

After admiring the brutal hackage directed at a little sapling on 14 at Seatac today, just to help some worthless dirtbag who obviously cant get up and down in under six shots on that hole, I think I'm gonna turn into the rogue planter.
              I'm gonna start putting green walls of trees up anywhere I see someone has tried to make it easier for themselves with rogue pruning.
              Dont worry Chuck, I wont use blackberries for you to pull, I will use holly bushes, nobody f*cks with those.

Comment

That sapling on SeaTac 14, there's no way that was a golfer. That's what I'm telling myself, at least. I want to believe it was just a nighttime gangsta with nothing better to do.

I haven't seen the Cedar on Lakewood 14. Did it change it so much that you can actually putt from under the tree? In the past, if you ended up there, the best you could do was shoot to the bottom of the pole for a 2-putt.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  That sapling on SeaTac 14, there's no way that was a golfer. That's what I'm telling myself, at least. I want to believe it was just a nighttime gangsta with nothing better to do.
                  Yes, because gangsters hack stuff exactly where a good RHBH thrower drops his drive just past the path there. It cant have anything to do with leaving a clean line, nawww, heck, I throw that line now from farther back and to the right, its the cleanest line to the basket now.
                  And speaking of gangsters, the mini bike crew has been out, thier tracks are all over. There was also another incidence of someone flashing a laser at a plane on approach to SeaTac last night, now thats gotta be the mini bike idiots, I'm convinced of that, but line hackage on 14, no way, thats not them, its the same idiot who topped the small fir on 17, near the steps.

I haven't seen the Cedar on Lakewood 14. Did it change it so much that you can actually putt from under the tree? In the past, if you ended up there, the best you could do was shoot to the bottom of the pole for a 2-putt.
                  You gotta see it.

Comment

OK, the small fir on 17, that was definitely not a golfer. That was a cheap-ass not willing to either a) buy an honest christmas tree, or b) buy an honest christmas tree.

On, 14, I guess it could be a golfer. If it was a golfer who was just so upset at their lines being blocked on a legit. par 4 hole, then (s)he should have knocked down all 4 (5, 6?) small trees in the immediate vicinity.

The hole did get marginally easier, though. Not much, but a little. And that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                      OK, the small fir on 17, that was definitely not a golfer. That was a cheap-ass not willing to either a) buy an honest christmas tree, or b) buy an honest christmas tree.
                      Dude, it was like a four foot tall scrawny, ragged top.
                      A Charlie Brown christmas tree.
                      Thats pretty ghetto, even for North Seatac. The local vatos could steal trees from a lot that a were way nicer, why would they use up perfectly good car jacking time to hack that thing down ?

Comment

It's funny that some people just can't except the fact that disc golfers do these types of things. "No not us, it was other park users" Yeah. Those beer bottles near the tee pads are disc golfers too.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                          Dude, it was like a four foot tall scrawny, ragged top.
                          A Charlie Brown christmas tree.
                          Thats pretty ghetto, even for North Seatac. The local vatos could steal trees from a lot that a were way nicer, why would they use up perfectly good car jacking time to hack that thing down ?
                          Dude, that's exactly it! It was a crappy tree to begin with. Whoever cut it down 1/2way was that stupid. You know as well as I do that that tree was inconsequential to the hole's play. Apparently, there has been a mystery evergreen cut down every year since Dgers started recording the history of the park. Same idiots each year, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                            I noticed today that someone trimmed the lower branches off the big cedar guarding the basket on 14, making for a much cleaner skip shot.
                            The branches were cut off clean with a limb saw, not hacked.
                            I almost made it with my upshot, birdies should be more plentiful now.
                            Capt'n,

I took a closer look today and I think you're right. If it was the parks department trying to discourage the homeless they would have trimmed the evergreen that's about 100 feet west of that one. They also wouldn't have left stub limbs. I can't think of any legitimate reason anyone would do this. Since the branches seem to mainly be trimmed on the left side I'm thinking that the main people that will benefit will be those that throw RHBH rollers.

Comment

Yeah, the damage is a little hyped up on that tree - saw it today. Doubt its anyone trying to gain an advantage on the dg course, otherwise they would have cut a lot more out.

Behind the tree still = par
                              In the tree still = par
                              Roller at the tree might be more likely to get through although some used to get through (and lose just the right amount of speed to park) anyway
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X