X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAF proposal map

Does anyone know if the TAF project has plans drawn up that are available to the public? I was walking around Lakewood the other day pondering a new layout and I'd like to draw up my plans, but it all hinges upon what space will actually be available to the DG course after the TAF project is done landscaping.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
    Does anyone know if the TAF project has plans drawn up that are available to the public? I was walking around Lakewood the other day pondering a new layout and I'd like to draw up my plans, but it all hinges upon what space will actually be available to the DG course after the TAF project is done landscaping.
    ChUcK,

Here's all I could come up with:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Rzu...um=9#PPA162,M1

Pics are on page 162 and 163. It looks to me like holes 4, 5, and 18 will definitely be gone and maybe 6 and 17 also because of proximity issues. Looks like we all will be sharing the upper parking lot. That's not gonna work. Maybe the "new" course should start out with hole one being what is currently 14 or 16. DG'ers could then use the lower lot.

Comment

So what is this big glass house for?

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
        ChUcK,

Pics are on page 162 and 163. It looks to me like holes 4, 5, and 18 will definitely be gone and maybe 6 and 17 also because of proximity issues. Looks like we all will be sharing the upper parking lot. That's not gonna work. Maybe the "new" course should start out with hole one being what is currently 14 or 16. DG'ers could then use the lower lot.
        As far as I understand it, we'll lose holes 1-5, and 18 at least. Upper parking lot is out, and the course would start down in the lower lot as it originally did back in the ...late 80s I beleive. I've seen a couple different people's ideas of how to do a redesign (http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/lak...-course-design). There are definitely some options, but I really think getting in a full 18 without crossing any paths will be challenging (that's one of the big stipulations the parks dept has). Some of the current redesigns that I've seen have holes that go along the south side of Lake Hicks/Garrett - this would put them directly along side a long bay of school classrooms. I'm not really sure if that would work.

It's a bummer to lose so many holes of this course - at least the TAF is a good development project for the local community, not that it makes it much easier to stomach.

Comment

The TAF is the Technical Access Foundation. They help disadvantaged youth get more involved with technical careers. Computer Science, Engineering, that sort of things.
          It seems to me that the main users of this park are DGers. It is possible that the baseball/soccer fields draw more park users but I wouldn't bet on it. Apparently we DGers have an image problem. If I was thinking about designing a new layout here I would also consider this:

http://whitecenternow.com/categories/hicks-lake/

Note that there is no mention of DG. If they build a path around the lake that might mean no DG around the lake. I thought it was interesting that the people "Friends of Hicks Lake" surveyed felt there was an alcohol problem in the park and were considering spending their $25 grand to hire a "cop" to police it.
          My advice is to play Lakewood every chance you get while you still can!

Comment

Headed to Lakewood tomorrow to play. I'm assuming the course is still in its original layout still or are there any surprizes in store for me?
            WORK LESS THROW MORE
            http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
              Headed to Lakewood tomorrow to play. I'm assuming the course is still in its original layout still or are there any surprizes in store for me?
              Hole 12 is short, that's about the only novelty right now...
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Hey all, i am wanting to play lakewood a couple times before the lakewood open. is there any sort of course map that would help me find my way along the course? i have a genral idea of how the holes go, but it has been a long time since i played that course.

thanks. or i wouldnt mind meeting somebody up there to play a round with.
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

This is a pretty good map: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...8/c154b7f1.jpg Some of the pin positions may be different than what's shown here, but it should get you around OK. Depending on when you'd want to play, I might be able to meet up for a round.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    This is a pretty good map: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...8/c154b7f1.jpg Some of the pin positions may be different than what's shown here, but it should get you around OK. Depending on when you'd want to play, I might be able to meet up for a round.
                    There are usually maps on the kiosk/board thingy too. If I'm there, I have some in the car (white GTI).

Comment

Tim,

Thanks for the map. it looks like it will help us find our way around. rebecca and i will be heading up there in about 20 minutes(its 7:55 am now monday morning) so if anybody has the day off and wants to play a round before it gets to hot we will be up there around 10am or so.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X