Thursday Doubles Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Another wacky, windy day at Lakewood today with one team running away with it. Congrats to Mike Werth and Bob for a tight -12 including Mike's skip ace on 18 in the island position. There was a 3-way playoff for 2nd with Getty and Shane Egeland coming out on top over Ming/John P and Matt Gill/?. This was Gill's last appearance at Lakewood doubles as he'll be Carolina-bound Tuesday. Getty took posession of his #2 bagtag, so y'all know where to find it.

    1. Mike Werth/Bob -12
    2. Getty/Shane Egeland (won playoff) -9
    3. Ming/John P -9
    4. Matt Gill/ ? -9
    5. Bjorn Pinney (Cali) -8
    6. Tuffi/Bob -7
    Jarrod/Ray -7
    Brian Clark/Andy -7
    9. Wayne/Trace -6
    Aaron/Troy -6
    Joe/Garrett -6
    Edge/Lee -6
    13. Matt W/Ervinator -5
    14. Brian/Doug W -4
    15. Kevin P/Tim M -3
    Last edited by Getty; June 2nd, 2009, 07:17 AM. Reason: change name
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

    Team Deucebag

    Comment


    • #17
      I've had my name mixed up a few times over the years. I.E. Brain, Biran etc. but I'm not too sure how one comes up with Bejan out of Brian. Then again Andy thought my name was Matt all day till the end of the tournament so go figure!

      - Bejan Clark

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CrazyLefty View Post
        I've had my name mixed up a few times over the years. I.E. Brain, Biran etc. but I'm not too sure how one comes up with Bejan out of Brian. Then again Andy thought my name was Matt all day till the end of the tournament so go figure!

        - Bejan Clark
        Brian, fixed it. I still have the cards and it still looks like someone wrote Bejan.
        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

        Team Deucebag

        Comment


        • #19
          Gill's wrap up

          Originally posted by Getty View Post
          There was a 3-way playoff for 2nd with Getty and Shane Egeland coming out on top over Ming/John P and Matt Gill/?. This was Gill's last appearance at Lakewood doubles as he'll be Carolina-bound Tuesday. Getty took posession of his #2 bagtag, so y'all know where to find it.
          I was playing with Speed Racer Don - good guy. He kept bangin out the puts making my life easy. Indeed, it was my last day suckas. So long.

          Trevor, CHuck, and Rahn have all offered to step up and run Thur dubs. Brian Haze (who happens to have the #1 bag tag) has the notebook for Seatac 4th Sunday Ace Pot (Grossman running) and the current Lakewood Thur dubs records and cash (thanks for dealing with that).

          I had the pleasure of playing some good final rounds with some of the Lakewood crew over the past couple days - Getty "The Legend" Freeman, Tuffi "Tuffi" Dolan, Bjorn "I missed roll call three times" Pinney, Brent "Old Faithful" Smith, and others. Y'all will be missed. If anyone is headed down North Cackalacky way, give a holla - my house is a mile from a course. See you suckas as Withrop...

          (as an aside, Bjorn shot an unconscious -13 at Lakewood yesterday. Helluva round to watch - almost was a -15 with barely missed birds on 14 and 18. Sweet).

          Cheers!

          Comment


          • #20
            Sad to see you go, Gill, but best wishes for your new life in NC. Gotta admit, I'm a little envious, as almost all of NC seems to have strong, active DG scenes going on with sweet courses everywhere. What part are you going to?
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

            Comment


            • #21
              Matt, next time I'm home in NC for the holidays, I'll hollar at you. Peace!
              I putt, therefore I am.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Sad to see you go, Gill, but best wishes for your new life in NC. Gotta admit, I'm a little envious, as almost all of NC seems to have strong, active DG scenes going on with sweet courses everywhere. What part are you going to?
                Yeah, it's definitely a mixed bag of feelings Tim - helping WA golf get to the next stage woulda been great, but the activity around the Raleigh-Durham area is pretty fantastic. Anyway, when you or anyone else happens to be in the area (flying in to play Winthrop say? or tour the SE) give a shout and I'll hook you up with some southern hospitality! As an aside, two days (of 6 weeks) on the road and I still haven't gotten to play a course... it's time to get off the bikes and onto the tee pads! Cheers

                Comment


                • #23
                  I made it out to doubles last night for the first time in several weeks. Ming Vang and Kenny Clark shot a sizzling -14 to win it, while Bjorn Pinney skip-aced #17 in the short position.
                  Panda...it's what's for dinner!

                  Team Deucebag

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Has Lakewood Thursday doubles started up, yet?
                    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

                    Team Deucebag

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Getty View Post
                      Has Lakewood Thursday doubles started up, yet?
                      Funny- I was thinking about this yesterday. I haven't heard of anything starting yet, but I've been out of town a while. If nothing gets going by the time I get back from my next trip, I'll start it up again. That would make it, let's see, April 29th.
                      If someone wants to start it up sooner, have at it! I'll gladly help out when I get back.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hope you're not flying through Iceland!
                        I putt, therefore I am.

                        Comment

                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X