Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost had my first ace!

Hole number 13.

Threw an Orc anhyzer, nailed the lip of the basket.

Don't think I'll ever get an ace.
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Nice job!

You'll get an ace, but you can't try for it. They happen when you least expect it.
    Some get an ace right after they start playing, but for some it takes years.

Comment

Also remember that a lot of the time, if not most of the time, an ace is a shot that you fouled up and threw TOO FAR. (This is not true for hyzer or skip aces though.)
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Also remember that a lot of the time, if not most of the time, an ace is a shot that you fouled up and threw TOO FAR. (This is not true for hyzer or skip aces though.)
        Agreed - Most of the time an ace is a bad shot that got very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Go to Rockwood. It looks like that place gives em up easy.
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

So true. I've heard them called "a bad birdie shot gone good."
            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
              So true. I've heard them called "a bad birdie shot gone good."
              I've seen two aces recently - one of each type. Cindy got hole two at Leverich with a hyzer that probably would have been parked had it not gone in. Trozzle got hole 3 at Wortman with a sidearm boss that would have been in the creek (and OB) had it not gone in.

Comment

Well then maybe I'll just start trying more bad shots. Why didn't I think of this before!
                www.soulpancake.com
                www.bahai.org
                http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                  Hole number 13.

Threw an Orc anhyzer, nailed the lip of the basket.

Don't think I'll ever get an ace.
                  Almost as frustating, I had an ace on 8/28/88 (yes, 1988) back in Baton Rouge. My next ace occurred in October 2008 on Lakewood old #11. That's 20 years of consistant playing with no love, but I recently had my first tourney ace on Lakewood #18 in the Feb acepot. It will happen!
                  Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
                    but I recently had my first tourney ace on Lakewood #18 in the Feb acepot. It will happen!
                    Nice job! But were you really going for the ace, with the OB right behind (and around) the basket? Or is this an example of an overthrown shot that turned out very well?

Either way, nicely done!

Comment

Nice job! But were you really going for the ace, with the OB right behind (and around) the basket? Or is this an example of an overthrown shot that turned out very well?

Either way, nicely done!
                      True story: I was in the last foursome to finish with Tuffi, Teressa and Matt Salmon. I figured the best I could finish was third and the payout was 1st and 2nd. I said to my partners that I might as well go for it since there was nothing to lose, stepped up and ripped a flick that looked good out the box and then didn't disappoint. The pin was in the short position but it got moved back up to the island right after. As with all aces, a little luck combined with some skill made for a fantastic outcome. Generally, throwing for aces is not a smart play. It was only my 6th ace in 31 years...guess I'll never catch Cubby.

Team Deucebag

Comment

True story: I was in the last foursome to finish with Tuffi, Teressa and Matt Salmon. I figured the best I could finish was third and the payout was 1st and 2nd. I said to my partners that I might as well go for it since there was nothing to lose, stepped up and ripped a flick that looked good out the box and then didn't disappoint. The pin was in the short position but it got moved back up to the island right after. As with all aces, a little luck combined with some skill made for a fantastic outcome. Generally, throwing for aces is not a smart play. It was only my 6th ace in 31 years...guess I'll never catch Cubby.
                        That settles it - a pretty great shot! I've only been to LW a few times, and have only seen the basket on the island. Is it close to the road when its in the short position?

Comment

That settles it - a pretty great shot! I've only been to LW a few times, and have only seen the basket on the island. Is it close to the road when its in the short position?

Yes. It's just in front of the curb to the right under the big cedar tree. It's still an ~300' toss +/-

Team Deucebag

Comment

Yes. It's just in front of the curb to the right under the big cedar tree. It's still an ~300' toss +/-
                            Uphill, too.

Comment

Yeah, but Getty can ace 18 in the long position as well...

It's all a matter of time.
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X