X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood Acepot

In totally schizophrenic weather conditions that included snow, wind, freezing rain, wind, rain, wind, and sun (and wind), only four of us were crazy enough to play. Scores on any given hole could be great or challenged depending on what the wind-gust-gods decided.

Mike Werth 64 (-7)
    Matthew Gill 70 (-1)
    Bjorn Pinney 78 (+7)
    Ted Culliard 87 (+16)

No aces, so the acepot stands at a whopping $8. Hopefully April will provide kinder weather and a bigger field to boost the pot.

We'll be doing this on Sunday- 10am start!

Comment

Is the acepot on for this Sunday?
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
        Is the acepot on for this Sunday?

Absolutely no one showed up for the July acepot, except for myself, probably due to White River. This weekend Jet Wash conflicts with the acepot. Is this thing still on, dead or dormant?
        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

I made it up to Lakewood today to play golf and I couldn't beleive how many people were there! There must have been at least 60 people on the golf course! Granted it was a beautiful day for golf, but thats a lot of people. I know this thread is pretty quiet, but does anybody know anything about the "club" petitioning the parks to keep this park open? With as much use as was out there today, it would be a real shame to close this one.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
            Absolutely no one showed up for the July acepot, except for myself, probably due to White River. This weekend Jet Wash conflicts with the acepot. Is this thing still on, dead or dormant?
            update?

This is the first time I've heard about this! When is the next one? Or if there is one...
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              update?

This is the first time I've heard about this! When is the next one? Or if there is one...
              The last Summer or two it has taken hiatus from solstice until Sept/Oct, when LWO and doubles have finished up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
                The last Summer or two it has taken hiatus from solstice until Sept/Oct, when LWO and doubles have finished up.
                Sooooo When's the next one?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Acepots

The Lakewood "Monthly" Acepot is traditionally held on the third Sunday of the the month. The WA state series events have also often been scheduled for the third weekend of the month in the summer so I give the acepot a break since I am often playing in those events. In Sept. the Steilly tourney is on the third weekend so I doubt that there will be an acepot at Lakewood although if by chance I can't play the Steilly and I'm free on Sunday I may run the acepot, that remains to be seen. October's looking hopeful though! I do have an email alert list for Lakewood info and I'm pretty good about putting out a note when there is going to be an event or work party. If you'd like to be added to that list just head over to the Lakewood website and send me a request.

Comment

Thanks Edge, sent you an e-mail, I'll be seeing you at the next acepot.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

LKWD acepot awakens

Hi folks,

This being the third Sunday of the month there are plans afoot to have a one round (of 27 holes) Acepot tourney at Lakewood this weekend. Brian Hayes will be running the show and paying out in plastic to all the Ams. Expect the round to take about 2 and a half hours. So...

Sunday 9/20/09 at Lakewood, upper parking lot near hole 1.
                      $12 Ams & $15 Pros
                      10:00am tee time (get there a bit earlier to signup)

There is currently $60 in the Acepot to which we'll be adding $2 per player. Another $2 goes to the Lakewood Club and the remainder of the entry fees goes to payout. Acepot pays out evenly to any and all that get a hole in one during the round. No ace means the pot carries over until next month.

Of course if you can afford to play both days this weekend you'll probably be at the Autumn Classic at Ft. Steilacoom. Head over to the forum at nwdiscgolfnews.com to find out more info on that event.

Cheers, Eric

Comment

Beautiful day for it! 10 players total.
                        No aces, pot stands at $80.
                        Andy Rivers crushes the Pro field with a four down.
                        Bill Clark dominates AM field with an even.
                        See you all in October!

Comment

I was trying to wake up but I couldn't, ugh, there is always next month.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

So, as you probably know there is a doubles event at Lakewood/SeaTac on Saturday and then another one at Steilly on Sunday. Since I am not planning on going down to Steilly on Sunday I thought I would offer the regular third Sunday (Oct. 18th) acepot at Lakewood for any and all that are interested. I think we'll play one round on what has become the normal 27 hole format teeing off at 10:am. Entry is $12 for Ams (Intermediate & Advanced) and $15 for Pro. Scrip for Ams through Mr. Hayes. I believe that there's currently $80-$90 sitting in the ace fund.

Cheerio, Eric

Comment

Well, between the Seahawks game and the WA state doubles going on down at Steilly there weren't many folks interested in the monthly acepot, despite the break in the weather! Andy F., Tuffi, Getty and I played a 27 hole round of winner take all. There were some close calls but no one got an ace today so the pot grows to $88. Getty started out shooting hot and it looked like he was going to run away with it when he was up 5 strokes after the first 12 holes. Tuffi and Andy hung on though and slowly crept back into contention. After a bit of craziness on Geezer Way Tuffi and Getty were all tied with Andy one shot back and only two holes to go. On hole 17 Getty threw a sidearm shot out of bounds followed by Tuffi's OB roller shot. They both ended up taking 4's which meant the three of them were tied going into hole 18 on the island. Getty's confident sidearm shot went on an ace run about 12' past the basket and he converted the putt to take the win with a -3 for the round. All in all we had a really fun round of golf on a mostly sunny, breezy day at Lakewood.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X