Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the third Sunday of the month is upon us once again which means it's time for the Lakewood Acepot! Matt Salmon will be running it this month. Sunday, Nov. 15th

The particulars.... Meet in the upper lot near hole one. 10:00 tee time so get there a bit earlier to sign up. One round of 27 holes. $12 Ams, $15 Pros. Am payout in scrip with Brian Hayes, pros get cash. Acepot is sitting somewhere around $100. Yes, there's a mando on hole one. No, there's no mando on Geezer Way (hole 12).

Tuffi aced hole 3 yesterday! Can she do it again?

Comment

That was nasty, rained the whole time, windy, cold, no sun. Thanks for the umbrella Tuffi!
      www.soulpancake.com
      www.bahai.org
      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

December Acepot

There's going to be an ACEpot at Lakewood this Sunday, Dec. 20th. Brian Hayes will be there to fill out scorecards and figure the payout. There is currently $100 in the acepot and we add two bucks a head from the entries to that. Another $2 goes to the Lakewood Club and the rest is payout: cash for Pros and scrip for Ams. Entry is $12 for Am divisions and $15 for Pros. We'll be using the 27 hole course layout which means one long round with plenty of ace runs.

The round tees off at 10:00am so get there a little earlier to get signed up.

Comment

[QUOTE=ericedge;45867]There's going to be an ACEpot at Lakewood this Sunday, Dec. 20th.

No aces today. 4 people showed, 2 pro and 2 am. Weather was pretty awesome considering the forecast.
          Pro- Arron 7 down
          Am- Rob 1 down

Course was pretty empty so we cruised through the 27 hole round in about 2.5 hours.

Pot stands at $108.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cold Steel;46227]
            Originally posted by ericedge View Post
            There's going to be an ACEpot at Lakewood this Sunday, Dec. 20th.

No aces today. 4 people showed, 2 pro and 2 am. Weather was pretty awesome considering the forecast.
            Pro- Arron 7 down
            Am- Rob 1 down

Course was pretty empty so we cruised through the 27 hole round in about 2.5 hours.

Pot stands at $108.
            I've been wanting to attend for the past couple of months but something comes up on that third Sunday every month, grrr maybe next month.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Well, waddya know. It's the 3rd Sunday of the month this weekend. Is the Acepot happening?
              Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Team golf at White River this week...
                A couple of my buddies and I went all the way to Steilly last weekend for their "Monthly" and nobody showed up
                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
                  Well, waddya know. It's the 3rd Sunday of the month this weekend. Is the Acepot happening?
                  Edge should be sending an email today- not sure if we're skipping this month or not.

Comment

3rd Sunday Acepot

Hey there Lakewood Discers,

I just want to give you a heads up that there won't be an Acepot at Lakewood this Sunday. I'm (along with lots of other locals) going to be out in Bremerton playing the Whiner's in the Woods tourney. So we will have to wait until the June solstice acepot event to play for the big bucks. I did get a casual round ace at Lakewood the other day, I skipped in a champ boss on hole 2. It sure is awesome to see ones disc sitting in the basket from the tee!

There will however be an informal random flip doubles round at Lakewood on Sunday starting around 10:30am. Any and all that would like to participate are invited to join in.

Cheers, Eric Edgerton

Comment

Sunday Acepot

Hi folks,

I'm planning on running the Acepot at Lakewood this Sunday, June 20th. 27 holes starting at 10:00 am tee time. I think there's currently around $200 in the acepot but I'm not positive, I don't have it in front of me at the moment. $12 for Ams, $15 for pros. $2 to the Ace and $2 to the club, the rest is payout...

Unfortunately we won't be playing hole 7 (the coffin hole) since there is a new construction project on the King county housing land and they've put a fence up in the middle of that fairway. The number 7 basket is temporarily locked in the short position of hole twelve but I am hoping to have it installed in the woods below the number twelve tee pad by Sunday. It will shift things around a bit but should preserve an 18 hole layout at least for the time being.

Cheers, Eric

Comment

Sunday Acepot

This Sunday, July 18th there's going to be an Acepot event at Lakewood & Seatac. Keith from Chainbangerz is running this months acepot as a Duel Nature tune-up! Here's the scoop...

Starting at 12 noon at the LOWER PARKING LOT (by hole 14) at Lakewood there will be 11 holes played including some of the proposed holes for the upcoming course re-design. There's currently $190 up for grabs for a hole in one at the Lakewood course. Next, it's off to Seatac for 11 more holes and a shot at the Seatac Acepot which stands at $300. The price of admission for this bit of fun is $15 for pros, $12 for Advanced and $10 for Intermediates. Since Chainbangerz is running this one there's a $2 discount for CDGC club members (ask Keith about this if you don't know what it is!)

Reminders: In anticipation of the Duel Nature tourney there's going to be a work party at Seatac this Saturday starting at around 10:00am. Bring your line trimmer if you've got one and take a wack at the tac! Other mowing, chopping and hacking tools are welcome as well, just make sure you check with Keith before you start cutting anything other than blackberries or Scotch broom. After a couple of hours at Seatac I'm planning to spend a little time at Lakewood working on holes 7-10 with the weed wrench. Any and all are welcome to join me there as well.

One other thing... The Duel Nature event is filling up nicely, there are over 100 players that have taken the plunge. If you're thinking of playing but haven't yet registered you might oughta head over to lakewooddiscgolf.com and get yourself signed up.

Hope to see you at the course soon, Eric

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X