Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prestigious Lake Stevens Disc Golf Course Video

Very short video commercial for Lake Stevens ~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyBogphWiTw

Nice. I have been checking out HD cameras and settled on the same Canon camera for when/if I make an upgrade. I've had a GL2 for years and the XH A1 seems to be the best replacement. I hate shooting golf with anything less than 16x zoom, and prefer 20x, so many options are ruled out early. I think I'd go for the A1s only because it allows for recording both native audio and a line input at the same time. Between costs for the camera, a beefier PC for capture/editing, and software for working with HD, it will be an expensive upgrade. How are you handling the editing end of things? I think a quality video card to handle HD will cost me more than the whole PC I'm using now to work with standard def video...
    Joe Wander
    Producer and Editor
    Disc Golf Live video magazine
    www.discgolflive.com
    Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Hello Disc Golf Live ~ I didn't make the video so I can''t answer your question ~ The fellow who did the recording uses the sign-in name Video1138 on YouTube. I was at the course when he was setting up ~ Not sure if he has done other disc golf videos ~ the guy doing the narration sure has the voice for the job.

Comment

Par 2 hole? There is no such thing.
        Par 4s at Lake Stevens? Not so much.
        Other than those minor semantic problems, that is a good video!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When Dr. Fred first put the course in, he called two of the holes a par 2. I think they were holes 2 and 10. Not sure why he thought these should be par 2's. He also designed a nine hole par 4 layout which is pretty cool if there aren't other players around at the time.

Gawain, do you still have a link to that old video you did at Lake Stevens many years ago? The one to the soundtrack of Da Da Da....that was funny sht!

Comment

This may be blasphamous to the locals, but will those janky baskets ever get replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              This may be blasphamous to the locals, but will those janky baskets ever get replaced?
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Love the beards!

Comment

Par 2 on hole 2? That is a joke considering it is one of the longer holes on the course. Fred is a man of mystery, that is for sure. Funny pic above Adam. ^^^^
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I heard a rumor that due to the popularity of the LS baskets, the city of Seatac has approached the city of Lake Stevens in regards to a basket swapping proposition. Apparently the initiative is to move the LS baskets to Seatac for the summer. Not sure how the city council here voted on it. I will miss those egg baskets....

Comment

I think they also voted to make hole 18 at SeaTac a par 2
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Whatever happened to old Doc Fred? I remember him from the earliest days of disc golf discussion, when about the only resource was a sub category on a rec.sports.disc, mostly populated by ultimate players. While his directional basket designs may have merit, his cantankerousness didn't help his own cause very much.
                        Joe Wander
                        Producer and Editor
                        Disc Golf Live video magazine
                        www.discgolflive.com
                        Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          That video was actually made by Evilman. I would guess he still has it. Maybe he will post it here? I may have a copy, let me look around this weekend....
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Found it.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0eJsJ5MpU&feature=fvsr

It's not all Lake Stevens, but quite a bit of it is. That is an old video. The baskets are in the old locations and there is a lot more underbrush. It's good to see young Gawain and Jordan playing this course.

Comment

Wow - Out of 21 or 22 putts in that video only one went in the basket.

The underbrush was really thick in the old days.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X