X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
    Nice. I have been checking out HD cameras and settled on the same Canon camera for when/if I make an upgrade. I've had a GL2 for years and the XH A1 seems to be the best replacement. I hate shooting golf with anything less than 16x zoom, and prefer 20x, so many options are ruled out early. I think I'd go for the A1s only because it allows for recording both native audio and a line input at the same time. Between costs for the camera, a beefier PC for capture/editing, and software for working with HD, it will be an expensive upgrade. How are you handling the editing end of things? I think a quality video card to handle HD will cost me more than the whole PC I'm using now to work with standard def video...
    I made the video:

If you are already using a GL2, the XH A1 seems like a seamless change. The XH feels very similar to the GL2 in several ways. I used my laptop to edit, it has a 1GB video card, It took 15 min to render the 30 second spot.
    How beefy your computer depends on how much time you want to spend rendering and encoding. I don't think a beefier computer with a super expensive video card is the answer, patience works for me, but if you are paying someone by the hour so edit video, then the extra cost is worth it. I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 for editing. CS5 is HD friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      Par 2 hole? There is no such thing.
      Par 4s at Lake Stevens? Not so much.
      Other than those minor semantic problems, that is a good video!
      I got all the info from the website
      http://discgolf.downtownlakestevens.com/index.htm

Comment

That was a sweet video Gonzo. Excellent quality. It was good to see Kenny in it as well. I saw him yesterday on the course signing autographs. The video must have gone big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
          Whatever happened to old Doc Fred? I remember him from the earliest days of disc golf discussion, when about the only resource was a sub category on a rec.sports.disc, mostly populated by ultimate players. While his directional basket designs may have merit, his cantankerousness didn't help his own cause very much.
          I am around, doing fine and still as cantankerous as the baskets. While I spend more playing USTA league tennis, my most recent round at the course w4 under.

Comment

I cant play lake stevens any more. I heard that a dude named BA hangs out there. Be afraid,,,be very afraid. First he invites you over to play pool and drink roofies. But its a trick he doesnt have a pool table.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X