Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captain jack
    started a topic Lake Stevens course conditions

Lake Stevens course conditions

Course is in great shape right now, the bog has filled in nicely, all set to swallow discs into its murky depths for another season.

Beware of the dubious string of logs across the middle of the bog if you sink a disc, the logs on the ends are stable, but the stuff out in the middle is floating.

New bridges include a nice new crossing on #13 with treated tread, which should last a while, and a more challenging crossing from #13 basket to #14 Blue tee, which is strapped deadfall logs, which saves you maybe 6 seconds from walking all the way around on the trail.

The disc swallowing pile of brush on #10 is gone, just the big rounds remain.

All tees and baskets are functioning properly. Crowds were very light for a sunny Sunday afternoon, and dog poop in the grassy areas seems to be minimal.

The True Value hardware has some fresh inventory, including some Eco Star Destroyers and Xcals, and plenty of Rocs, as well as fresh Discraft inventory as well.

I picked up an unpigmented Feldberg Champ Boss that flies nice but will probably end up on the wall because the new Eco Destroyer with the fat buddha belly that I also picked up flies just as far.
    They have pretty much the full line of Innova there, I also found a nice middle weight Star SL that flies great.

Time to start practicing for the F.I.T.T.

• drkstr
    replied
    Watch out for hornets on hole #11......around the big stump that is an island when there is water in the bog. Left side of stump as you look at it from the fairway. They got me good as I was setting up for shot.....got under the sleeves of my outer t-shirt and stung me 7 times through the long sleeved shirt I had underneath.

Leave a comment:

• drkstr
    replied
    Thanks to OZ for the repair of the basket on #7

Leave a comment:

• LakeStevensBA
    replied
    thanks for the head's up Don. I haven't been around lately. I will check it out this week. Damn vandals!

Leave a comment:

• drkstr
    replied
    The basket on hole #7 is loose in the sleeve ~ looks like the collar has been busted ~ I was told that for a short while the basket was stuck in the top of big stump right behind the basket location.

Leave a comment:

• dankdisc
    replied
    Played for only my fourth time today and 1st at Lake Stevens, and it couldn't have gone better. There's been a lot of work done lately and the only trouble posed was by the trees, mud, and bog. Managed to balance on a floating log to fish my fiance's 1st run Vulcan out of the depths. Great work of the course guys those of us newbies owe a debt of gratitude and thanks that we get to play these well maintained and matured parks. Keep it up and see you out there

Leave a comment:

• Cajun
    replied
    Originally posted by drkstr View Post
    Hey Now Cajun ~ and thank you again for that 150 DX Destroyer ~ it helps me birdie #1 at Lake Stevens quite often. Will you make an appearance at The Freeze?
    Even though cajuns don't like the cold, I will be there! Looking forward to it.

I need to find you a disc that will help you birdie #2 thru #19 quite often. How do you feel about over stable plastic?

Leave a comment:

• drkstr
    replied
    Alrighty ~ thanks BA

Hey Now Cajun ~ and thank you again for that 150 DX Destroyer ~ it helps me birdie #1 at Lake Stevens quite often. Will you make an appearance at The Freeze?

Leave a comment:

• Cajun
    replied
    Thanks for your hard work Don ! ! !

Leave a comment:

• LakeStevensBA
    replied
    Don,
    Thanks for all the work you've done at the course. We played out there yesterday and saw all the cleanup you've done. Much appreciated. I am going to see if the city has a chipper we can use before the Freeze.

I'll treat you to a beer or two at the post Freeze party!

Leave a comment:

• drkstr
    replied
    One of the logs used for a bench on #7 tee had been thrown down the hill to the east and into a small pond. My friend Allen and I hauled it back up the hill and put it back in place.

Leave a comment:

• drkstr
    replied
    I went out yesterday for some clean-up. I hauled bigger branches to the sides of the faiways and around the basket on #13. Not that much in the way of trash. The heavy snow last night probably brought down a few more larger branches here and there.

As I was leaving a couple of guys were setting up a video camera ~ they wanted to make a short video about the course ~ sort of commercial for Lake Stevens disc golf.

Leave a comment:

• LakeStevensBA
    replied
    The city has finally dropped and hauled off the big ass trees on holes 13 and 14 that were snapped in the the last wind storm. All further cleanup of limbs and stuff is now the responsibility of the disc golfers. There are still lots of logs and limbs littering some of the fairways. Feel free to haul/throw/chuck these off the fairways as you play.

We will be having a work party before the Freeze to get it back in tourney shape.

Leave a comment:

• LakeStevensBA
    replied
    Originally posted by Getty View Post
    I played yesterday and noticed Tuesday's wind storm created some nice firewood-gathering ops. Two huge trees came down, one barely missing my favorite basket, #14. There's also a big mess around #13's basket and tee. Chainsaws required.
    Yeah, it is bad. I talked to the City focal and they are going to do all the chainsawing. They should be out there in the next few days. The disc golfers will need to do the cleanup though.

It will be in fine shape for the Freeze. We haven't settled on a date yet, but it's lookin like late Jan or Feb this year.

Leave a comment:

• Getty
    replied
    I played yesterday and noticed Tuesday's wind storm created some nice firewood-gathering ops. Two huge trees came down, one barely missing my favorite basket, #14. There's also a big mess around #13's basket and tee. Chainsaws required.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X