X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Stevens history

The course at Lake Stevens was designed and built by Fred Chittenden.
    Fred also built the catching targets, which are unique.
    The course is short but very wooded, requiring technique more than a long bomb arm.
    Water comes into play on #11 and #13 most of the year.

The course is designed with 19 holes. The last hole, #19 is there because #1 plays next to a school.
    When school is in, please skip #1 so as not to distract the kids in class.

Most holes have at least 2 tees, some have three, look for blue or red alternate tee boxes, mains are white.
    This layout allows for many different hole configurations, giving alot of flexibility to an otherwise small course.

All of Freds' baskets are different from each other, with crossbars and web like chains blocking putts that would be easy with a conventional basket.
    Only the #14 basket is close to conventional style.

Here is a picture of the last basket.

No need to bring the 500' driver, there is nowhere here to air it out.
    What you do want is a collection of discs for all angles and directions. You need a good right and left turn disc, an 's' flyer, and a narrow dead straight disc to get around here easily.

This is a really challenging little course thats fun for all ages and abilities.
    If you get the chance, come and try it.

Want to make a portable "Chittenden Style Basket" for your backyard-- wait maybe I'll do this.
    Free PVC! (Kent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-y2bxd-1127732060@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-17, 7:03PM PDT

Free PVC. You pick up. As pictured.

I always enjoy playing at Lake Stevens-- it's a super fun, stunt shootin' executive style course...
    taken for what they are, the baskets are fun, adding a different element to putting and chipping-- you are going to miss some putts due to the baskets being more difficult-- expect it and it doesn't sting as bad-- a fifteen footer is much more difficult than usual on most of the baskets--fun to watch your buddy toil over a ten footer because he landed on the blocked side of the basket...his putt makes it through the pentagon chains and through the other side of the basket... doh!!(not as fun when it's you-- but just birdie the next hole man, because they're all 2-able)
    If you haven't played the hula-hoop course up near Glacier, WA, (play it after a round at Mossy Roc-- then stop off at the Wake-n-Bakery and 'get sconed') it has some similarities to Lake Stevens, and it's alot of fun in my opinion--
    Lake Stevens is also one of the best 'canopied' courses in the Northwest-- if you haven't played there yet, maybe check it out on a rainy day...
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

<i>"The course is designed with 19 holes. The last hole, #19 is there because #1 plays next to a school. When school is in, please skip #1 so as not to distract the kids in class."</i>

Actually it is hole #12 that is supposed to be skipped during school ~ but most people don't.

Comment

Ace at Stevens

I aced #14 yesterday!! woohoo! my 3rd round of the day. It was my first time going there too..fun course, I can see the baskets being a con to serious players. But it was a worthy challenge and I actually liked them quite a bit. Of course the only ace I get is on the only normal basket.
        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
        PDGA # 42821
        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Alrighty Rolly ~ Congratulations.
          I like #14 ~ the one basket out there similar to a "chain basket" ~ and I get a birdie almost every time

Comment

Originally posted by drkstr View Post
            Alrighty Rolly ~ Congratulations.
            I like #14 ~ the one basket out there similar to a "chain basket" ~ and I get a birdie almost every time
            Its a little tougher look from the blue tee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X