X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Little Park

Juel park is a 9 whole with an optional ending 9. It is a flat course utilizing trees and distance.

It is a public park with lots of people and a lot of disc players.

Easy to get to and there are apple trees on the course too so grab yourself an apple, enjoy it, dispose of the core and play some disc golf!!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts; it's slated to be removed at some point in the next year or two, because the City of Redmond (or, more likely, Microsoft) has other plans for the land. The good news is, they've committed to finding a new place for disc golf somewhere else in Redmond.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Really? I don't mean to hate on Juel, but I wasn't that big of a fan. A couple of nice holes, but mostly just a bunch of baskets in a field. I understand that they did as much as possible with what was there - there just doesn't happen to be much there.

Comment

Scott: It is good for people like myself. It is a good course to learn on. It is a 9 hole course but it also has a back 9 which I played for the first time and it was pretty cool.

But I am a simple person and I suck anyway so it was a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
          Scott: It is good for people like myself. It is a good course to learn on. It is a 9 hole course but it also has a back 9 which I played for the first time and it was pretty cool.

But I am a simple person and I suck anyway so it was a challenge.
          Fair enough. Who am I to say anything? My home course is Orchard Park, which gets a lot of negative comments, too.

Comment

Yeah... I was reading this thinking the same thing, Scott.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Yeah... I was reading this thinking the same thing, Scott.
              Have you been to Juel? It makes Orchard look like Milo.

Comment

hehe, I haven't been to Orchard so can't comment on that comparison. But yeah, Juel is not my favorite course. It's better than nothing, and if I lived on the east side, I'd be there all the time undoubtedly. But yeah, as Scott said, it isn't much more than some baskets strategically placed on a field. Good news is though, that with the removal of DG from Juel, the city is supposedly looking to put the baskets in a different park, better suited to the game.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  hehe, I haven't been to Orchard so can't comment on that comparison. But yeah, Juel is not my favorite course. It's better than nothing, and if I lived on the east side, I'd be there all the time undoubtedly. But yeah, as Scott said, it isn't much more than some baskets strategically placed on a field. Good news is though, that with the removal of DG from Juel, the city is supposedly looking to put the baskets in a different park, better suited to the game.

I read that on some other forum.

The first thing I thought was, "Moving it out of Juel park is the best thing that could possibly happen to that course."

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X