X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Layout

I played the new course layout for the first time today, and I liked it alot.

Thank you to the guys who laid this out and added all the new tees, it was really nice to not slip in the gravel and do an ass plant like in the olden days.

This update gives a fresh new challenge to a very popular little local community course which rarely sees a day without someone playing.

Well done !

What Capt Jack said. I just got home from playing the new layout, in the rain no less, with nary a slip on the new tees. I feel this is a much better layout than the old one with only 6/18 holes being totally defenseless if you can throw it that far. I don't see any more -17 in doubles happening, and double digits solo is a pretty decent round.

BTW, I got -6 for my first time through but that will go down quickly as the temps drop and I stick closer to home. Kudos to the designers!
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

The hole signs have been removed from the posts, which tells me someone is working on the new artwork, so I'm assuming there is now measurements available.
      The red tee for the sixth hole, or #15, looks to be close to 500' from the basket.
      Is this about right ? Does anybody know ?
      I bet none of the Clark Bros. have aced that one yet.

Comment

465'ish I think. They aren't the only ones to get it there you know...
        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
        PDGA # 42821
        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Some water pooling on the course today.
          #9 basket has water just short and to the left of the basket.
          #12 tee is not level but sunken towards the middle, causing water to pool on the stone tiles and not drain into the sand between, adding some sand underneath the center tiles should cure this.
          Moles are messing up the #2 tee, piling dirt around the edges, which spills onto the tiles, making them slippery, watch your step on this one.
          There is also water to the left of the #6 tee, but it should not come into play for most shots.

Comment

The water on #9 (formerly #2) is a regular winter feature at Juel and is played as casual water. We can definitely shore up the 12 teepad. Moles are another regular Winter feature at Juel. They are trying to surface under several teepads and coming up right along the edges of the pads. When the golfers kick the dirt onto the pads it is a hazard.
            The water left of 6 is a wetland. The real question is how bad the water will get on 6 when the real weather hits...
            "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

It stays a little drier across the street
              Read this ^

Comment

Link to new map has been added to the course information page.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
                  465'ish I think. They aren't the only ones to get it there you know...
                  Actually, it has been moved back to exactly 500'
                  The funny story is that for the front tee on #6, the city of Redmond just arbitrarily threw down a tee pad to go to the former number 5 basket. After the teepad was put in we actually measured the distance to the pin, and what do you know? It came out to EXACTLY 420' to the inch!!!!

Comment

When we were safarieing out the new course we threw from where that tee is then measured it and was exactly 420 feet. We marked a general area for the tee and the city coincidentaly put it at exactly 420 feet.
                    Read this ^

Comment

I was playing Juel the other day and noticed that the posted distances looked a little off so I decided to whip up some good numbers. For those of you who like to know how far you're throwing or how far out the basket is, here you go: (these were measured with surveying equiptment and are accurate)

1 308'

2 222'

3 295'

4 301'

5 356'

6 420'

7 306'

8 289'

9 231'

10 350'

11 267'

12 261'

13 346'

14 371'

15 482'

16 369'

17 347'

18 258'

btw, I've been playing for about 6 months and am addicted. I've been lurking here for a while and gained some good knowledge. I look forward to learning more and seeing some of you guys on the course.
                      Last edited by vapor; November 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM. Reason: premature post

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                        Actually, it has been moved back to exactly 500'
                        The funny story is that for the front tee on #6, the city of Redmond just arbitrarily threw down a tee pad to go to the former number 5 basket. After the teepad was put in we actually measured the distance to the pin, and what do you know? It came out to EXACTLY 420' to the inch!!!!
                        Good to know!I was thinking of the old "new" pad for 15. Even the park seems to know what time it is.
                        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                        PDGA # 42821
                        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

It's always 4:20 at Juel!

but look out for

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X