X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• current/future course status?

howdy steilacoom people. i was just wondering if anybody here could give the rest of us a status update on course conditions for stilly. i ask because the SE course is more confusing than ever to play because every single tee sign is blank or has a "sandwich board" sign for the Pro course on it.

i know there was talk about new tee sings and stuff in the recent past, are those coming? and if not, are the blank tee signs going to get course info put back on them so people can follow the course? i post here because i think it would be nice to have a more current public update about course conditions out there.
    thanks.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

just to follow up here, is there nobody on the forums that can give us an update on steilacooms course status? thanks.
    Team Meteor

Comment

I can't offer you any help, but I feel your pain. I played a tourney there a month ago and we weren't sure what basket was our starting hole, as another group was getting ready to throw at the same basket. I love Steilly, but navigation has always been an issue. I guess I need to play there more, that would help. The maps on the "course information" thread help a lot, but some holes have been added on the west side. I hope someone that knows more will chime in...
      Basket thieves

Comment

I do know that the locals are working on getting the new signs up. There has been a couple of work parties to get the posts in the right places, and the signs that WATDG bought for Steilly have been designed and are made or being made, I think they just need to be installed. I don't think it will be long now!
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

thanks for the info, it will deffinately be nice to have signs there again.
          Team Meteor

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
            thanks for the info, it will deffinately be nice to have signs there again.
            we played there again yesterday and most holes on both SE and NW courses have signs!!! very helpful, and once you've played there before you get the hang of it.... however the navigation between some holes requires that you have a map to eliminate some confusing walkouts -- they are really the only trouble i see after playing thru each course twice. the signs eliminate the blind dogleg confusion and give lengths. very styley and tastefully done!

seems theres always people around to help you out if youre wandering aimlessly...

the middle course is still a mystery....

Comment

This 9 hole is to honor Raymond seick for all his years of work at the course. this will also free up holes so people can play while a tourney is going on..course maps for the SE and NW courses are available at www.piercecountydiscgolf.net. Next tee signs are coming and maps for the Raymond Seick nine are also being worked
              Last edited by oldmanarm; April 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X