Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how they are taking them but I can only think of two ways one being cut the lock which the solution has already been discussed. Second would be to cut the basket at the base. Could you potentially fill the hoolow portion of the pipe with concrete maybe throw in some lead to make it heavy and hard to cut??
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
      Not sure how they are taking them but I can only think of two ways one being cut the lock which the solution has already been discussed. Second would be to cut the basket at the base. Could you potentially fill the hoolow portion of the pipe with concrete maybe throw in some lead to make it heavy and hard to cut??
      On my old home course in Baton Rouge we fabricated steel sleeves that encased the pole all the way up to the basket. The baskets slip easily out of the sleeves if you want to move them around, but those sleeves aren't going anywhere. 22 years later all those baskets are still there. Sorry I can't find a better pic.
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

After talking to them this weekend, I feel it needs to be said. Thank you! Thank you Rob and Mark, for not only making the tough decision to pull baskets, but mainly for putting yourselves in the position of being lightning-rods for the barrage of complaints and negative comments on your actions. I love to hear about you guys handling it with as much grace as you have. I would not wish the choice you guys were given on anyone. Inspiring stuff here...

Comment

I would just hire Dion Arlyn to do your security. Then he could play night rounds and beat thieves with his Kempo mastery!!!

Seriously though, I would love to go out there at night and catch them. I wouldn't be so kind...
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

This totally sucks. Yesterday was a nice day, I hollered at my boy to grab his discs and we headed down to the course only to find the place a barren waste land with no people and no baskets. I thought the end was here, that the apocalypse was upon us and looked to the sky for fire to rain down upon us.

I volunteer to place an order for at least one basket in the third or fourth week of March. Come March, someone hit me up reminding me to do this and where to have it shipped when I order it please (Email me from the contact info in my profile for this as I don't check in here everyday).

~Garrett
            Last edited by Garrett; February 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett View Post
              This totally sucks. Yesterday was a nice day, I hollered at my boy to grab his discs and we headed down to the course only to find the place a barren waste land with no people and no baskets. I thought the end was here, that the apocalypse was upon us and looked to the sky for fire to rain down upon us.

I volunteer to place an order for at least one basket in the third or fourth week of March. Come March, someone hit me up reminding me to do this and where to have it shipped when I order it please (Email me from the contact info in my profile for this as I don't check in here everyday).

~Garrett
              Very cool! You should get in contact with Mark kilmer, Rob Dean, or Raymond Seick. They are the board members for the club and would greatly appreciate a basket donation.

It was decided to day to leave the course empty until metal sleeves can be fabricated to secure the locks better.
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

that sucks. disc golf isnt sappose to be like this. fuckers making shit bad for us{well you guys who play there} i have never heard of any person who likes disc golf to steal. fucking fakes just buy a portable.

hope you find them and they have to pay for them and return them...and go to jail
                r.gause@gmail.com
                rodney-sequim,wa
                wanna disc all the time pm me
                i am a new dad...my son dylan james born 1-7-10
                from roseville,ca so i played alot of sac course... i miss em. i suck @ disc golf and im always over... but its fun. always accepting tips and pointers thanks
                whooop whoooop to all juggalos

Comment

Thank You!

Originally posted by Garrett View Post

~Garrett
                  Am sending you a private message..
                  Rob

Comment

Baskets

Hey west-siders,

I've thought a lot about what it would be like it we had 7 baskets stolen from one of our courses here in Spokane. I was wondering if all the baskets were bolt cut or just plain wrested out of the ground cement and all?
                    If they were bolt cut I've been thinking that the various basket companies need to re-configure their designs so that a thief only has one option, and that is dragging it out cement and all. Not many thieves are interested in working too hard.
                    We're putting in a redesign of the Downriver. I hope (God willing and weather permitting) that we have it done before the Downriver Open - April 10th & 11th.
                    We just got the green light from the Park Department today. Our board approved a welder and fellow disc golfer to design a way so that the locks cannot be bolt cut. There would be some kind of metal structure around the locks so that a thief couldn't get a bolt cutter on the lock.
                    Sounds like you guys are thinking about something similar. Hope it works out for you. I'd like to see a picture of what you come up with. I also hope that they find the ones who took your stuff and get your baskets back.
                    It' would be great to see some of you guys over here for the Downriver event in April.

In His Grip,

Sky Piot
                    President
                    SDGA
                    Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                      Hey west-siders,

I've thought a lot about what it would be like it we had 7 baskets stolen from one of our courses here in Spokane. I was wondering if all the baskets were bolt cut or just plain wrested out of the ground cement and all?
                      If they were bolt cut I've been thinking that the various basket companies need to re-configure their designs so that a thief only has one option, and that is dragging it out cement and all. Not many thieves are interested in working too hard.
                      We're putting in a redesign of the Downriver. I hope (God willing and weather permitting) that we have it done before the Downriver Open - April 10th & 11th.
                      We just got the green light from the Park Department today. Our board approved a welder and fellow disc golfer to design a way so that the locks cannot be bolt cut. There would be some kind of metal structure around the locks so that a thief couldn't get a bolt cutter on the lock.
                      Sounds like you guys are thinking about something similar. Hope it works out for you. I'd like to see a picture of what you come up with. I also hope that they find the ones who took your stuff and get your baskets back.
                      It' would be great to see some of you guys over here for the Downriver event in April.

In His Grip,

Sky Piot
                      President
                      SDGA
                      The solution that TDGPA came up with is a 12" long, 6" diameter pipe with a vertical cut out that is 1/2" wide by 2" long. The cut out is just big enough to get a padlock in.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

When you finally get the baskets back could you make the course less confusing, my god.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

please dont feed the troll by responding to that post

Comment

it will be nice when the course is back up and running again, it makes me realize how awesome the course is when I can't play it. Chase if you need help with some stuff at the course I'm always available, I'll PM you my phone number.
                            www.soulpancake.com
                            www.bahai.org
                            http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

If you could have it back in by May 20th when I come down from Canada that'd be great. Serioulsly though, it sickens me that this happened. That some people would feel it's their right to take something that impacts the lives of so many. I've never been to stelli and I'm sad that it happened. I really hope that you guys can come up with a solution, it's just pathetic and depressing that you even have to.
                              My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

just put out 18 targets tone poles whatever
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X