TDGPA Elections ***February 6, 10am*** Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Yo Mike

    Originally posted by Rideout View Post
    I thought that Raymond Seick was appointed to the position of Treasurer until he didn’t want it anymore. I am not saying I like that arrangement, but are you sure that his position as treasurer is actually up for nomination and election?

    Mike
    All positions on the board are supposed to be for a term of one year but it hasnt worked out that way as we all know. I have not recieved any nominations for additional treasurers so Rays name will be the only one on the ballot at this time.

    Great question though!

    Comment


    • #17
      mike

      Originally posted by Rideout View Post
      On the reader board at Steily there is a list of nominees.

      President:
      Mark Kilmer
      Rob Dean

      Vice President:
      Bill Winkler
      Rob Dean

      Secretary:
      Briana Schumacher

      Maintenance:
      Jim Brassfield (JB)

      Promotions:
      Matt Schumacher
      Dan Lilley


      There is also a statement that read, “… you must be present to vote…”.

      I had a brief discussion with Mark Kilmer about the discrepancies between what is posted online and what is posted on the reader board. Mark said that as long as Rob Dean has a way for people to vote online, that voting online won’t be a problem.

      I am not exactly sure what the official nominations list is, but this list I just posted would be from the nominations that were taken at a meeting a few weeks ago. My guess is that people on both nominations lists are being nominated. Some repeats, some not.


      Mark stated some concern with nominations that may come from the online forum because of a lack of people to second anything.



      Mike Rideout
      Rest assured that I am not running for president at this time. I have not been nominated for this position. Also, any club member may nominate another club member as long as the e-mail nomination has another club members second on the nomination. I then will verify the nomination before adding it to the list of nominations.

      Comment


      • #18
        I nominate Rob Dean for President of TDGPA.

        Chris Gilberts
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

        Comment


        • #19
          I second that.
          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


          4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

          Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

          Comment


          • #20
            I nominate Ryan Deroche for Vice President of TDGPA.

            Chris Gilberts
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
              I nominate Ryan Deroche for Vice President of TDGPA.

              Chris Gilberts
              2nd
              Click here

              Challenge disc golf

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                2nd
                We need an official 2nd for the nomionation of Ryan DeRoche to the position of Vice President. According to Mark Kilmer and Rob Dean, Chris Waugh is not a current member of TDGPA. Therefore, unable to vote.
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                Comment


                • #23
                  nevermind

                  Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                  We need an official 2nd for the nomionation of Ryan DeRoche to the position of Vice President. According to Mark Kilmer and Rob Dean, Chris Waugh is not a current member of TDGPA. Therefore, unable to vote.
                  Yeah, I guess I'm a fraud. Time to make myself valid again.
                  Click here

                  Challenge disc golf

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    According to Rob Dean, somebody seconded the nomination of Ryan Deroche as Vice President. So its official.
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The vote will continue on Feb 6th but it has changed a bit. I had long discussions today with Mark Kilmer and Rob Dean both before and after they had a meeting about the future of the club. I think they came up with an efficient agreement that will greatly benefit the TDGPA over the next year.

                      A lot of the guidelines and legal agreements the club has have expired and the club keeps running into kinks that hold us up from trying to progress out of this problem. So, Mark and Rob are going to keep their positions as president and vice president until October. Bill Winkler and Ryan DeRoche voluntarily withdrew their nominations for this cause. Their primary goal over the next several months is to work with the board members that are elected on Feb 6th to enact a new set of guidelines and achieve non-profit status for the club.

                      In August there should be an official announcement for nominations for the board positions of president and vice president. With elections to follow in October. There should be a fully instated set of guidelines and non-profit status for the club. The next president and vice president should be set up with a club built on a solid foundation.

                      Nominations for the remaining board positions will be accepted until Sunday, January 17th at 9pm. Nominations can be made either on this thread or by contacting Mark or Rob. Rob has set up an online vote with a company that should be emailing out the instructions of the procedure on Feb 1st. If you want to vote in person, that will still take place at the Fort Steilacoom disc golf course between 10 and 11 am. You must be a current club member to vote.

                      Board positions (with current nominees) still up for nominations until Jan 17th at 9pm and election on Feb 6th are:

                      Secretary...Briana Schumacher
                      Maintenance.....Jim Brassfield
                      Riverside Rep....Todd Bates


                      This should all be official.

                      Mike Rideout
                      WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                      4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                      Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                        The vote will continue on Feb 6th but it has changed a bit. I had long discussions today with Mark Kilmer and Rob Dean both before and after they had a meeting about the future of the club. I think they came up with an efficient agreement that will greatly benefit the TDGPA over the next year.

                        A lot of the guidelines and legal agreements the club has have expired and the club keeps running into kinks that hold us up from trying to progress out of this problem. So, Mark and Rob are going to keep their positions as president and vice president until October. Bill Winkler and Ryan DeRoche voluntarily withdrew their nominations for this cause. Their primary goal over the next several months is to work with the board members that are elected on Feb 6th to enact a new set of guidelines and achieve non-profit status for the club.

                        In August there should be an official announcement for nominations for the board positions of president and vice president. With elections to follow in October. There should be a fully instated set of guidelines and non-profit status for the club. The next president and vice president should be set up with a club built on a solid foundation.

                        Nominations for the remaining board positions will be accepted until Sunday, January 17th at 9pm. Nominations can be made either on this thread or by contacting Mark or Rob. Rob has set up an online vote with a company that should be emailing out the instructions of the procedure on Feb 1st. If you want to vote in person, that will still take place at the Fort Steilacoom disc golf course between 10 and 11 am. You must be a current club member to vote.

                        Board positions (with current nominees) still up for nominations until Jan 17th at 9pm and election on Feb 6th are:

                        Secretary...Briana Schumacher
                        Maintenance.....Jim Brassfield
                        Riverside Rep....Todd Bates


                        This should all be official.

                        Mike Rideout
                        not trying to complicate things but ive heard differently as recently as today. COME TO THE MEETING AND VOTE! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hey Chase

                          What did you hear?

                          From who?


                          I have been in direct contact with the powers that be and I would be very surprised if things changed.

                          If we don't make things clear now, things won't progress.

                          Mike Rideout
                          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                          4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                          Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                          Comment