Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I agree with TYVEK and Josh both on this front. Steilli is WAY improved over what it used to be a few years ago, but it can still be pretty confusing. I always get messed up on that one area...(I guess it's hole 2 on the pro course?) where there's a mando in play if you're playing one layout, but it doesn't apply if you're playing another. There are some other spots that get confusing too, like the holes shooting down into Sergeant's Grove...which tee for which course? So yeah, like Josh says, the signs are a big plus, but still, there's room for improvement.

I'd like to see someone with the wherewithal (i.e. photoshop/illustrator skills) update the little map booklets that Ray sells so that they'd be a little more legible. I tried using one of those the first time I played there (pre-signage), and ended up getting a bald spot from all the head scratching I had to do.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I guess i must of been lucky. The first time i got a map it was pretty easy finding the holes. Its been 15 years and i love steilly the same as i did the first day i played it.

Room for improvement? Of course!!! In fact, i think there is plans to narrow down the courses to mainly just two.........the southeast and the northwest. There are pretty nice tee signs on most of the holes and i do admit that not all the 'next tee' signs are in place where they should be, but that is a work in progress. I do believe that most of the teepads have the hole number painted on them.........pretty neat i think.

Steilly is still the best for me.........but i know that there is STILL WORK to be done.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

2010 update for the masses

Well it is 2010 and I want you all to know whats happening with our courses. The TDGPA has stopped selling the course map books. This is because we are no longer supporting the layouts that have been posted online.

In 2008, we adopted a "premier course" concept. That is to say that we believe that offering two independant 18 hole courses is a much better option than having fourteen layouts spread over 56 acres.

While we still offer all layouts to our Tournament Directors, we now will only offer three courses to the general public. They are the Northwest, Southeast and Amateur courses.

Because of the three basket theft in January 2010, the money allocated for sign improvements in 2010 has been postponed. This is because we have elected to spend that money securing our property.

Thanks for all of your support everybody! Keep your feet on the ground and your discs in the air!

Rob Dean
        Vice President TDGPA
        Member #108
        PDGA # 10113

Comment

By the way, exactly how many baskets does Steilacoom have? Every place I look, it says 27 baskets, but then I see that there are two 18-hole layouts that don't look like they overlap.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            By the way, exactly how many baskets does Steilacoom have? Every place I look, it says 27 baskets, but then I see that there are two 18-hole layouts that don't look like they overlap.

theres actually 14 different ways to play at this course....

Comment

Yah, I think these days (when the baskets are actually in the ground that is), there are 36 of them in there permanently. I think there used to be more in the ground a few years ago, but that could be my memory playing tricks with me.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I know the entire way now. Luckily, I played with friends who knew everything already.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X