X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course description and pictures

Ferguson Park is a 9 hole short course with dirt tees and Innova baskets.

None of the holes are longer than 200', so there is no reason to bring your new long range driver here, it wont come out of your bag.

The course does make good use of the landscape to create challenges on most of the holes.

This is a great course for short game and putting practice.

After playing courses with PDGA baskets for years, I find Innovas' Disc catcher baskets challenging due to the steel band that circles the top of the chains. I find alot of my shots hitting this steel band and bouncing away from the basket. If you become skilled at hitting these targets, you will find the Mach 3 and 5 targets easier to hit, with thier increased sweet spot.

#1 tee is behind a large boulder, which blocks a low drive unless you are 7 feet tall. This is a great hole to practice your thumber, or overhand shot, in order to clear the rock. The basket is slightly uphill from the tee.

#2 is a tight shot through a small grove of trees. This also encourages you to try a non conventional shot, like a roller, to clear the trees.

#3 is just a short pitch to a basket slightly right of center from the tee. Some trees have recently been cut down here, but enough remain to make you have to pick a tight line in order to fly your disc all the way to the target.

#4 is a straight shot to the target, which is surrounded by short brush and some trees.

#5 plays towards the fence on the course border, an overthrow will easily go out of bounds. Trees down the right side will force a RHBH shooter to throw an anheizer shot to the basket here.

#6 is a little shorty ace run.

#7 is one of the longer holes, downhill to the target which is slightly left of center.

#8 is a blind shot, up and over a small knoll, through a grove of trees, then down to the target. This is another good place to practice thumbers and overhand shots, in order to make it through the gap in the trees.
    View from the tee.

View from the top of the knoll to the basket.

#9 is also a blind shot to the basket, with some large trees and a berm guarding the area just in front of the basket.
    From the tee.

From the berm in front of the basket.

Innova Disc catcher target.

There are bathrooms near the childrens play area,which are open most of the year.
    This is a great course to bring young children to, with the play area, and a short walk down the driveway will take you to a small dock on the lake if you wanted to drop a line after a round.
    Last edited by captain jack; March 31st, 2009, 05:58 PM.

Where is it located?
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
      Where is it located?
      Snohomish, WA

Near north end of town. Turn south off of Hwy 9 on Bickford Ave., left at stop sign on Ave. D, then 1st left on Ferguson Park Rd. Park entrance on left. Curl around to north side of park. 1st tee close to #9 basket.

DGCourseReview.com

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
        Where is it located?
        Hey Toby,
        The course is located just off Highway 9 in Snohomish. There is an armory you can see from the road. Park behind it and you'll see the baskets. The course is very short and easy. If you make up your own tee pads, it can be a little more challenging.

http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=2014

If you have never been to Snohomish before, it has a very cool downtown area on the river. Lots of good bars and restaurants...and bars.

Comment

Looks like a fun little putter course that uses the available resources very well.

Comment

I don't know if I should admit this, but Ferguson is one of my most fun courses to play. It's so short, with a lot of ace runs. Just great. I shot a 14under ... I'm sure the record is either a 17 or 18 under. Great for short approach shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
              I don't know if I should admit this, but Ferguson is one of my most fun courses to play. It's so short, with a lot of ace runs. Just great. I shot a 14under ... I'm sure the record is either a 17 or 18 under. Great for short approach shots.
              -14 is that for going around twice? It's only a nine hole course so I doubt you mean for one time through.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm guessing the 9 hole record is somewhere in the range of -12. I shot it -10 for 9 with an ace and 2 ace runs hitting lower basket.

There is one hole which requires a tricky shot for a birdie but certainly not impossible.

All in all though it is a super fun par 2 course or for metal mania or whatever.
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  -14 is that for going around twice? It's only a nine hole course so I doubt you mean for one time through.
                  Sorry. Yes, doing 9 twice. We did it with one two discs (approach and putter). It's a great little course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                    Sorry. Yes, doing 9 twice. We did it with one two discs (approach and putter). It's a great little course.
                    OK yeah that makes sense. Snohomish is fun when I get sick of the trees and baskets at Lake Stevens and want to feel really good about myself, I go for the ace runs. I have shot -9 a couple of times going through once, I have aced hole six a couple of times, hehe, I still say I don't have an ace though, sixty foot holes don't count IMHO. Putter is all you need at this place.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                      OK yeah that makes sense. Snohomish is fun when I get sick of the trees and baskets at Lake Stevens and want to feel really good about myself, I go for the ace runs. I have shot -9 a couple of times going through once, I have aced hole six a couple of times, hehe, I still say I don't have an ace though, sixty foot holes don't count IMHO. Putter is all you need at this place.
                      That could bring up an interesting thread. What would the minimum length hole be for consideration of an ace. 150 feet on up? Hmm.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X