X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
    Agreed. Funds and labor should not be the reason for not putting in a potential back 9. We can raise money for baskets and have work parties to clean that wooded pile of blackberries.

If there is any life left in getting the back nine installed, you got the support.
    ^ THIS

I get your point Jub but still feel we could be helping clear fairways and perhaps putting up temp tones or something unitl we can get help from the parks dept for major issues/$.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Remember the cool toy the Parks used to work on the front? Well I do and I am angling towards them doing the heavy lifting not us.
      The Auger ?

That thing was silly. Talk about overkill.
      The guy chewed up four foot wide, 5 foot deep craters, when we needed 18" wide, 24" deep holes.
      He spent way more time than was needed for each collar, chewing up far more ground than was necessary.
      I dont think the parks guy who dug the holes knew what we were puting in them. The result was loose mounts.

This time round, auger boy needs a five minute education, before he starts exploring for oil out there.

Save us all some time.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
        The Auger ?

That thing was silly. Talk about overkill.
        The guy chewed up four foot wide, 5 foot deep craters, when we needed 18" wide, 24" deep holes.
        He spent way more time than was needed for each collar, chewing up far more ground than was necessary.
        I dont think the parks guy who dug the holes knew what we were puting in them. The result was loose mounts.

This time round, auger boy needs a five minute education, before he starts exploring for oil out there.

Save us all some time.
        How does that explain why the one basket you set is 6 inches higher then it should be.
        Sometimes help is not really help
        rewindb.com

Comment

You referring to hole 8?

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Comment

Jub,
              I think the key question here is "Will the City of Everett allow us to put in the back 9 if we agreed to do the work?"

Is there anyone at the Parks dept that is willing to work with us if we provide the labor?

It may be easier to attack the blackberries and rough out the holes this time of the year. At least for me, I have more free weekends and would be willing to support.

I believe all 18 holes at Arlington were put in without the aid of any heavy equipment, so I think we coud muscle our way through 9 holes at Silver Lake.

We can get the labor, just need someone to allow us to move forward.

Thanks,
              Brian

P.S. No, we have not had any fundraising events to change the baskets at Lake Stevens. We have had some for the local food bank though.

It's getting too crowded now. Just think of the riff raff that would be playing there if we got normal baskets.....

Comment

HAHA people give you support and their time to do manual labor and you attack them and the courses they play at. Someone the other day had me convinced you were a kinder, gentler Jub-Jub.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The concern is probably a worry over true support. For Jub & anyone else trying to get disc golf to the next level in western WA this is a true concern. Jub has honest reservations.

Jub - might I remind you...you were fairly surprised, shocked even at the turnout & support at the original Silver Lake work party. I believe your thoughts were along the lines of "damn this is a big turnout, why can't I get this more often?"

Jub with enough of a time warning I believe we can get the masses to a long all day get-er-done work party at Silver Lake. Bigger numbers after the completion of football season. Lots of volunteers & maybe a smaller county work crew for the big equipment.

Prior to said well attended work party you should be able to get a few gents to help you design a few holes each & have them manage the construction at the work party.

This is totally a reasonable & manageable project without getting overwhelmed. Let us help you. If budget ($) is truly a concern I think you could find some help there too.

Long live disc golf in Snohomish county!

Jub - Thanks for your efforts at Silver Lake & thanks for your greater efforts to the WA & NW disc golf community. You are doing great work.

PS. Jub I like the name of the new CSI tourney! Good job!

Comment

Still no word

Please don't mark up summer schedule thread
                    thanks
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Updates???

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I hadn't read this thread for almost a year. It was quite entertaining. As I said last year, let us know if there is anything the dg community can do to help out. I hope the city isn't waiting for support from us.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X