X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little fir tree on #3

Somebody doesn't like the little tree thats 30 feet in front of the tee.
    A few weeks ago it was bent over really badly, almost laying on the ground.
    I think Don was the one who propped it up again with some sticks.

Today it was flat on the ground.
    The roots are mostly ok, the tree is nowhere near dead, so I grabbed as many local boulders as I could find , and built a support base out of them around the bottom of the tree.
    It was doing fine in 20-30 mph winds today, remaining upright after I propped it back up.

All the other small trees near it are just fine, its only the one thats dead center in the line to the basket thats damaged, which leads me to beleive someone is doing thier own course modifications.

This hole is only a couple hundred feet, and it does not need to be made any easier.

If all of you could maybe grab more large rocks and place them near this tree, I will continue to build it up at the base for more stability.

If any of you arborists would like to stake and tie the tree off, this would also help to keep it there until it gets big and strong.

Also, come spring, #9 basket will need to be leveled, that bad boys a tiltin'.

But my Boss always hits the tree when I throw it on that 200 foot hole so I had to cut it down, otherwise I get a 4 on it!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I will keep an eye out when hit Excaliber next time. It is the closest to my house, so I am there often.

Max

Comment

Weak that someone would remove the small tree on hole 3. That hole was easy enough with it there but now that the only challenging part is gone, it is an automatic birdie. Shame on whoever who removed it. Thanks Captain Jack for trying to fix it.
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

The tree looked good today, nice and straight, now its just a matter of time to see if it can get rerooted.
          People have been sledding on the hill, tracks go right by the #3 basket. Sure would hurt if you took a pole in the nards.

Comment

Thanks for caretaking for that poor little guy - definitely a critical tree to add that extra bit of challenge.
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I too agree. I love that Charlie Brown looking christmas tree.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X