X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course conditions

Course is clean and dry, a pleasure from start to finish.

Ice cream truck is parked semi permanently near the childrens playground if you get a snack attack.

The 2 car pullout area near the #9 tee, which had become the unofficial parking lot for the disc golf course, is now clearly posted with NO PARKING signs.

I was expecting to use this parking area today, being early afternoon on a Monday, but was surprised by the sign, so I had to make that zillion mile walk in the hot sun to the first tee.
    I think this is the worst thing about SL at the present time, the walk from the parking lot. Maybe I can convince the city that the other nine holes in the woods is worth it, today there was a constant flow of people around that little course.
    If the course started in the woods near the parking lot, it would flow alot better, using the open holes as the back nine.

Either that or we need a shuttle.

Anyways, no more cheater cheater parking.

Comment

I park on the side street past the course. Gate by basket 2 tee 3
      rewindb.com

Comment

You will walk around all of Seatac but you're whining about walking to hole one at SL?!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I find that interesting too. DG'rs will play 50 extra warm up holes but want to park right up front.
          rewindb.com

Comment

I Luvs the 'Tac. The course was awesome last Friday, pre tourney. Lotsa people looking for, and loosing discs though, remember to look up.

I love walking, and hiking. I hate having to trek across the playground to the first tee at S.L., its just a waste of playing time.

I cant think of ANY other course I play, where I cant park inside of 50' from the first tee.
            Hey, new brainstorm, lets move all the baskets back one hole and make #9 into #1.

#8, which is the long hole anyways, would make a better finisher, plus #9 gets used for putting warmup, so why not make it the first hole played ?

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
              I Luvs the 'Tac. The course was awesome last Friday, pre tourney. Lotsa people looking for, and loosing discs though, remember to look up.

I love walking, and hiking. I hate having to trek across the playground to the first tee at S.L., its just a waste of playing time.

I cant think of ANY other course I play, where I cant park inside of 50' from the first tee.
              Hey, new brainstorm, lets move all the baskets back one hole and make #9 into #1.

#8, which is the long hole anyways, would make a better finisher, plus #9 gets used for putting warmup, so why not make it the first hole played ?

In the time it took you to type this complaint about not parking close enough, you could have parked your car, walked across the playground, steal a little kid's ice cream, practiced putting, and played 2 holes. You also could have had time to carry a garbage bag to help keep the course clean.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post

Why don't you just play hole nine first then? Boy that was tough.

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                In the time it took you to type this complaint about not parking close enough, you could have parked your car, walked across the playground, steal a little kid's ice cream, practiced putting, and played 2 holes. You also could have had time to carry a garbage bag to help keep the course clean.
                What Brian said! You seem to whine about Silver Lake a lot, maybe there are other courses you could drive 30 minutes out of the way to so that you can park fifty feet from the tee pad?
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Settle down boys
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Hole # 2 is getting pretty muddy but the rest of the course drains well and doesn't get swampy.

Max

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X