X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress

last night (may 10th) i was out playing and when i got around to the fenced in area where they are doing all the construction work i noticed some NEW TEE PADS AND BASKET ANCHORS in the ground!!!! It is exciting to see that the parks are holding good on their word about re-incorperating disc golf in the area of the park that they are redoing.

the tee pads look pretty nice. they have a good length, maybe too long but its better than being too short and a pretty decent texture on them. the basket anchors look really solid also. it made me happy to see this coming from a parks department that has been a bit difficult in the past about disc golf.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
    last night (may 10th) i was out playing and when i got around to the fenced in area where they are doing all the construction work i noticed some NEW TEE PADS AND BASKET ANCHORS in the ground!!!! It is exciting to see that the parks are holding good on their word about re-incorperating disc golf in the area of the park that they are redoing.

the tee pads look pretty nice. they have a good length, maybe too long but its better than being too short and a pretty decent texture on them. the basket anchors look really solid also. it made me happy to see this coming from a parks department that has been a bit difficult in the past about disc golf.
    When talking about dealing with the parks dept. in Olympia, "difficult" is an understatement. This is the reason the SPSDGA has officially dissolved our relationship with the Olympia parks dept. We will no longer work with them in any capacity regarding disc golf. If they would like to continue disc golf in Yauger park, they are welcome to use the equipment that our club purchased and installed. If they decide to remove disc golf from their agenda, we will take possession of the equipment.

On a brighter side, the Lacey Parks dept. is very open to the idea of disc golf. We (SPSDGA) are currently working with them to design a course in Woodland Creek Community Park.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Yauger's demise

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      When talking about dealing with the parks dept. in Olympia, "difficult" is an understatement. This is the reason the SPSDGA has officially dissolved our relationship with the Olympia parks dept. We will no longer work with them in any capacity regarding disc golf. If they would like to continue disc golf in Yauger park, they are welcome to use the equipment that our club purchased and installed. If they decide to remove disc golf from their agenda, we will take possession of the equipment.

On a brighter side, the Lacey Parks dept. is very open to the idea of disc golf. We (SPSDGA) are currently working with them to design a course in Woodland Creek Community Park.
      That's good news, what's the timeline? I'll check out SPSDGA, is there a website?
      I was at Yauger yesterday. The 8th basket (back by safeway) was almost completely destroyed. I did see a bunch of tee pads by the new parking lot, and a few pipe mouths buried in the ground which baskets could be placed in. Although a lot of discs will go into the lake there. And maybe a few into the apartment parking that's right there.

What's oly parks and recs problem? Do they just have it in for disc golf? Or everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by pagl View Post
        That's good news, what's the timeline? I'll check out SPSDGA, is there a website?
        I was at Yauger yesterday. The 8th basket (back by safeway) was almost completely destroyed. I did see a bunch of tee pads by the new parking lot, and a few pipe mouths buried in the ground which baskets could be placed in. Although a lot of discs will go into the lake there. And maybe a few into the apartment parking that's right there.

What's oly parks and recs problem? Do they just have it in for disc golf? Or everyone?
        Next week the Oly Parks will be pulling the baskets at Yauger. The SPSDGA will take possession of them at that point. It is my understanding that they will be installing baskets again, but I don't know a time frame. I do know they have some tee pads poured and some anchors in the ground.

The bad news is that the Olympia area will be with out a course for a time. The good news is that we already have baskets for the two new courses we are currently working on.

If your looking to get involved with the SPSDGA, we hold bi-weekly meetings at Package Express. 7 PM, Tuesday the 8th of Nov. will be our next meeting.

Comment

Olympia courses

I'm sorry I couldn't make the meeting, I had class. Is there any way to find out what happened? When the new courses will be finished? Where they'll be?

Thanks!

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          Next week the Oly Parks will be pulling the baskets at Yauger. The SPSDGA will take possession of them at that point. It is my understanding that they will be installing baskets again, but I don't know a time frame. I do know they have some tee pads poured and some anchors in the ground.

The bad news is that the Olympia area will be with out a course for a time. The good news is that we already have baskets for the two new courses we are currently working on.

If your looking to get involved with the SPSDGA, we hold bi-weekly meetings at Package Express. 7 PM, Tuesday the 8th of Nov. will be our next meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by pagl View Post
            I'm sorry I couldn't make the meeting, I had class. Is there any way to find out what happened? When the new courses will be finished? Where they'll be?

Thanks!
            The next meeting will be Tue. Nov. 22nd. That is the best way to find out whats going on.

Comment

Its official, Yauger Park DGC is done!(at least for a while) The baskets are in my possesion.

Comment

meetings

When are the next couple of meetings?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X