X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Zee Park

Pretty lame course. I played there yesterday.

dude, thats no way to post here!

you cant just say "lame course, i played there yesterday" and thats it. you should give some reasons why you think it is so lame. i dont think it is lame at all. it might not be milo mciver or steilicoom but it is a great park for being in gig harbour. it has a few shots that really do require a skillful and accurate shot instead of just throwing as hard as you can.
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      ...but it is a great park for being in gig harbour.
      You mean Port Orchard.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I haven't played Van Zee, but from what I gather, it's the beginner-friendly course in the Bremerton area. Check out NAD for some great golf, or if you're feeling brave (and maybe have a friend to help you watch discs), go to the Fairgrounds course. Don't think you'll be disappointed with either of those if you haven't been to them already. Oh yeah, Dalaiwood well worth a stop too.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
          How about making some suggestions, or offering to help improve the course, instead of just bashing it and walking away?
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            You mean Port Orchard.
            yeah, i always get the two mixed up.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I was talking about Port Orchard. Glad i am not the only one who gets mixed up.

Comment

Is it better to have a "lame course" than no course at all?

Actually, Van Zee is a "cool" course. The City of Port Orchard offered the WSDGA to design and install a disc golf course at Van Zee Park. The park is located on one of the main roads into town and is very accessible to play a quick round on the way into or out of town. The available land that was allocated for the course was only approximately four acres because of the ball fields and the in-ground water tank. With such a small amount of land available, the WSDGA decided that the West Sound needed a course that was beginner friendly.

The current layout still challenges the experienced players. Try playing a round with only your putter. You don't have to use a driver off the tee every time. It is a short course, but because of the elevation changes, a player is still required to execute a good throw for the birdie. Most of the greens are on a slope and you will have to decide whether to go for it or play safe.

Van Zee park is great course for a newbie and the experienced player looking for some ace opportunities.

Oh yeah, did you manage to stop on the tee for hole #8 and check out the view of the Olympic Mountains?

Comment

I really liked Van Zee, it was a relaxing way to get warmed up for NAD and offered some fun shots for the very small plot of land its on. Way better than a lot of beginner courses!!!

Thumbs up here!
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    Lame course?!? Are you crazy? It has long driver shots, turnover shots, straight shots, hyzer shots, uphill shots, downhill shots, overhand shots, uphill putts, downhill putts, OB, some wooded holes, some open holes, lots of ACE opportunities and with an awesome view of the olympic mountains from the long hole 8 tee pad!! I've shot -10 there and I've shot +4 there. This course demands focus! If I wan't to prepare my game for a tournament, I go to one of two places: Dalaiwood or Van Zee. Both courses give you practice for all shots in your bag.

West Side!

Comment

I always play Van Zee on my way to or on my way out of NAD, it is a fun little course that I always have a good time playing. Not every course is going to be Milo state park or Seatac or Lakewood. It is right in town, easy to find and easy to navigate and there is that damned fence daring you to throw over it and go out of bounds, as far as a family friendly course goes Van Zee is one of the better ones.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X