Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If MCDG runs a PDGA League on the Black course........

would you come play?

I am thinking something like 10 weeks, Wed nights, 5-7 dollars. PDGA Sanctioned. Played on the BLACK COURSE. (Well maybe, I may do the Red course for the first league due to light limitations).

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
    sigpic

... i'd come... oh, except for that dang 3 hour drive...

p.s. why'd you schedule the showdown for worlds!?!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

Because he HATES us. Obviously. So mean.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

The same reason that Haggerty doesn't let me into the BSF!
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          The same reason that Haggerty doesn't let me into the BSF!
          You suck at the lottery?

That's karma, not Hagerty
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Lets all agree scheduling things is hard....
            sigpic

Comment

I agree completely. With that said... I don't care, because it is ALL about ME! And I want to play BOTH!

(Understand, we just like the course and have been looking forward to this event since the first time we played it.)

Comment

I would love to play a league at SS, but a 10 week league would probably be to much for me to commit to every week.

You'll need to figure a system of single event entry fees and/or a full league entry fee that allows a player to miss several events and still be worth while to sign-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                  Lets all agree scheduling things is hard....
                  hmph. how many times have i asked you for anything, morgan? huh? just once, right? one time, one thing (you offered to caddy for me at the RCO so that doesn't count)... please don't schedule the showdown at the same time as worlds. that's all i've ever asked of you, just that one thing... so no, i will not agree that scheduling is hard.

... and what hagerty said.

p.s. wanna caddy for me at worlds?

p.p.s. no, we will never let this drop
                  Last edited by emmarose; January 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM. Reason: p.p.s. this, mason county
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                    I would love to play a league at SS, but a 10 week league would probably be to much for me to commit to every week.

You'll need to figure a system of single event entry fees and/or a full league entry fee that allows a player to miss several events and still be worth while to sign-up.
                    could you make 6 out of 10? I am a firm believer in making systems that allow folks to participate as much as able and still be competitive and have fun.

How you feel about it being mid week? 5:30 start time?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                      could you make 6 out of 10? I am a firm believer in making systems that allow folks to participate as much as able and still be competitive and have fun.

How you feel about it being mid week? 5:30 start time?

6 out of 10 would seems like a fair number.

tues,wed, or thursday would be good days for league night.

Start time is always tough to decided upon. Too early and it effects players that get off work later in the afternoon. Too late and players get home to their families late and daylight becomes an issue. 5:30p looks good to me, but 6:00p has been tradtionally better.

Comment

I am in Oly most Wednesdays
                        + could get out of work at 5:00
                        = I would make at least a few of these.

Is a few enough - How do leagues work?

Comment

Honestly Im not sure at this point how the competitive aspects work in relation to the PDGA involvement. My assumptions is many folks would be more interested in the league due to the PDGA rating provided for every round more so than the actually multiple week contest. I would personally opt to minimize that aspect so folks didn't feel its was pointless to only attend 1-3 events. 1-3 are the kind of numbers that would preclude them from competing in a 10 week league that required 5-6 events to be consider for final payout.
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's my $0.02 on the league to get the discussions started.

How about making the Overall League payout "Trophy only" and each individual event of the league will be for a nominal payout amount for each division(4?). Criteria for overall league champions (best 5 of 10 finishes).

Most likely the top players for the league will win payout at each individual event and the trophy will be for pride and bragging rights. Why offer those players a payout twice. It will only exclude the casual 2-5 event players.

As for the entry fee, offer up three options:
                            1) Single event entry (caters to the 1-3 event players).
                            2) Limited League Buy-in (4 event break even point, max. 5/6 events).
                            3) Full League Buy-in (7 event break even point).

If a Limited buy-in player ends up playing more than 5/6 events, then they pay the single event entry fee. This entry fee structure even allows a player to pay at each event, but would cost more in the long run and would benefit the league/club to more added funds.

Division
                            Open - play for cash
                            Advanced - play for cash (regulated in who plays to prevent sandbagging)
                            Recreation - no prizes, very low entry fee to cover expenses
                            Women - no prizes, very low entry fee to cover expenses.

Comment

I'd play no doubt

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X