Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, this brings up a good point - is anyone yet running a PDGA league this summer up in the Sound region at all? I was wondering if anyone geared up to give it a go this year. IF not, then Morgan, I think you'd be breaking ground locally on the concept. (its always the toughest to be the first at something new)

With the PDGA leagues, there was quite a bit of talk about ability for clubs to spread out the events over a period of time versus all events straight weeklies. I'm not sure how to leverage that to your advantage other than being able to avoid conflict dates like holidays, etc.

The start times (even at 6:00) will keep me from coming, but I like the idea. If I was a Mason county local I'd be all for it. So... either entice the Tacoma, Oly, and beyond players... or get the local scene growing with homegrowns!

Best wishes on pulling this off - I'd like to see you guys be successful with it. Think of it... low cost PDGA sanctioned mid week leagues at the Springs, and low cost Saturday Monthly mini tourneys up with us for the West Sound Challenge series! That's a win-win!

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post
      Best wishes on pulling this off - I'd like to see you guys be successful with it. Think of it... low cost PDGA sanctioned mid week leagues at the Springs, and low cost Saturday Monthly mini tourneys up with us for the West Sound Challenge series! That's a win-win!
      I can't believe I just saw this post, 6 months later. Crazy. I would love to have PDGA leagues around here. It is such a great way to get your rating accurate for tournaments with less cost overall, I think. I agree with you Westsound, low cost leagues and low cost mini tourneys with you guys would be awesome...I do wish more of the WSDGA tournaments were sanctioned though, that has kept me from coming a few times. I know it involves more cost, but just a preference of mine and probably some other folks. If there were two ways to get more ratings around here it really would be a win-win. I love competition and the ratings system is how I get to see it in action against myself. I can't compete against most fields out there and win, the competition is mostly against myself. Anyway, I am babbling.

I would love to have a league next year at Shelton, preferably a Friday or weekend time is easier for me as I work quite a ways away from SS, but I could make 5:30 or 6, even on Wed, it would just be difficult to do every week. What if they were every other week? And if the WSDGA tournaments had more that were sanctioned next year that would be amazing as well. I'm always so jealous when I read about those east coasters who have tournaments around them every weekend and leagues during the week. I think we're getting there...sure would be nice. Great idea Morgan hope it comes to fruition.
      "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Just to clarify things, All the West Sound Challenge events provided round ratings for the player's scores so they could evaluate their performance during the season.

Only the final event was PDGA sanctioned with round ratings used towards a player's PDGA ratings, if a current member.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X