Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelton Springs Doubles: When?

Weekly Wednesday Doubles Ends 09-14-2011
    That Wednesday will be the last one for the year... but fear not we have a plan for the winter.

We are proud to announce...

Saturdays at the Springs

Every first Saturday of the month starting 10-01-2011

Random Best Disk Doubles starting a 9:00AM $5 + $1 dollar ace pot (right now $325 with a reserve $300 pot)

then eat some lunch and come back for

Random DDAS (double drive alternate shot) Doubles starting at 1:00PM $5 + $1 dollar ace pot (right now $325 with a reserve $300 pot)

All rounds played from Red course.
    Play in the morning OR in the afternoon OR both!!!

**IMPORTANT**
    Player Meeting will be held prior to event at the PUMP HOUSE. The Pump House is located between Holes 1 & 18. For those unfamiliar, just walk beyond tee box for Hole 1 to the defunct access road and head left. The access road leads to the Pump House.
    Last edited by Skookum; September 2nd, 2011, 09:38 AM.
    sigpic

My .02.

For purely selfish reasons, I say weekday doubles on Tue or Wed nights, 5-5:30 start. With the current state of Yauger Park, there may not be doubles for the Oly area which would free up Wed night. Tuesday night could work, I know that Jay has his doubles on Tue in Elma, but there is always a "max" player worry given how much space has, and the fact that his Ace Pot is up there. But he may be willing to change his day given more people would be willing to go to Shelton Springs rather than Elma. Thursday nights is Steilli's doubles I believe. That leaves Monday and Friday, both of which are to close to Tournament weekends to see steady turnouts.

Comment

I'd vote for Wednesdays. Can't wait to play on the new baskets!
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Paging Mr. Gilberts. Paging Mr. Gilberts. A little input here. Please. What's the status of Yauger doubles? The way I see it, MCDG'S options are limited when it comes to a weekday doubles event. Thoughts?

Comment

Please choose Wednesday (or monday or friday). I will have kid duty on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the foreseeable future. Selfish? yes. but Please Please Please!

Comment

Pick any time you like - let the local scene grow as is convenient for your own club. If that's Saturday mornings... So be it. It'll build a local homegrown base. Westsound has doubles at NAD Saturdays at that 9 am spot, but no biggie. In fact, I like it. Many of us have planned our play around a given time slot, so it's great to just swap venues once in a while to change it up. Anyway, who says we have to fight over the player base like a crazed game of hungry hungry hippos... Just grow the playing community and all is good...

Comment

Wednesday Night Doubles info here...

...or here...

Comment

Bump for updated info at top of page.
                sigpic

Comment

We almost had enough light last week hopefully this week will be just about right. Ace Pot after two weeks $56 and we are still playing Red boxes for the next few weeks.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm looking to stir the pot a bit. What's the Ace Pot up to? I've heard of 2 casual round Aces, so I know it's possible.

Comment

depending on ohow many showed up yesterday $180+
                      sigpic

Comment

Weekly Wednesday Doubles Ends 09-14-2011
                        That Wednesday will be the last one for the year... but fear not we have a plan for the winter.

We are proud to announce...

Saturdays at the Springs

Every first Saturday of the month starting 10-01-2011

Random Best Disk Doubles starting a 9:00AM $5 + $1 dollar ace pot (right now $325 with a reserve $300 pot)

then eat some lunch and come back for

Random DDAS (double drive alternate shot) Doubles starting at 1:00PM $5 + $1 dollar ace pot (right now $325 with a reserve $300 pot)

All rounds played from Red course.
                        Play in the morning OR in the afternoon OR both!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I like this winter program. Good format, with the afternoon variation.
                          Mostly, I like the play one, or both aspect - super flexible, and some will stay, and some will be fresh for round 2.

Comment

yes i know this is last years thread, but as my question is about weekly doubles i thought i could get away with it. How soon can we expect the weekly doubles to be starting up out there in sheltonville?

thanks.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

First week of May at the latest. I will post if we go earlier.
                              sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X