Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This course is the...

Well its awesome is what it is!

I played it before the new holes went in and it was good then but the new holes make this a killer course. Very well designed and balanced. The only thing I would eventually like to see is a par 4 or two amidst the front 8 - and there is definitely room for it but I'm sure y'all got your hands full just keeping the current fairways open!

Great work guys! and to everyone else - get your boots on these fairways and help break them in!

Shot a 48 with a 5 on hole 1 right out of the car. Felt pretty good to me, not smoking, but good
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Does anyone know if the course is playable this time of year and what condition it's in? I'm thinking about heading over sometime in the middle of January.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm guessing it gets muddy after rain but the fairways should be a little bit more clear in the winter I would think.
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Kitsap Fairgrounds is playable all year. There are very little areas that get muddy after the heavy rains. The terrian is hilly with good runoff for rain water. And yes, in the winter months the risk of losing discs is reduced.

The local club (WSDGA) is going to have a few work parties this winter to groom the fairways and make other general improvements. The course is really starting to shape up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
          The local club (WSDGA) is going to have a few work parties this winter to groom the fairways and make other general improvements. The course is really starting to shape up.
          Please post the dates of said work parties on here whenever they are scheduled. I would love to fill a Saturday with a ferry ride, a bike ride, and a Kitsap work party.
          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
            Please post the dates of said work parties on here whenever they are scheduled. I would love to fill a Saturday with a ferry ride, a bike ride, and a Kitsap work party.
            DITTO

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I love this course!
              Somehow it has gotten a bad rap. I think it is very playable, but getting to know the holes helps.
              There are definitely a few holes on which a spotter should be used
              "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

The WSDGA is having their monthly Board meeting in a few weeks and one of the agenda items is the work parties at the Fairgrounds course.

I am guessing the first work party will be after the holidays.

I'll post the dates as soon as they are set.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                  The WSDGA is having their monthly Board meeting in a few weeks and one of the agenda items is the work parties at the Fairgrounds course.

I am guessing the first work party will be after the holidays.

I'll post the dates as soon as they are set.
                  I played the Fairgrounds for the first time today and I loved it! I didn't play very well but this is a nice course, kind of reminds me of a mixture of NAD and Fredericksen, two of the other courses in the area. I would say.... 3.5 out of 5

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

During the recent Weed 'N' Feed work party, a lot was accomplished and the Fairgrounds course is looking great.

It is in the best shape that I have ever seen it, but it is still good to use a spotter to minimize the time looking for discs on the holes with blind landing zones.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X