Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description and Directions

Kitsap County Fairgrounds

This is a long, challenging course with fairways through the forest that include a lot of elevation change. Players will see a three hundred foot gliding descent shot followed up with an arm wrenching technical uphill hole. It gets more interesting as you go. The expansion of an additional nine holes created a championship level eighteen hole course that will enable the WSDGA to bring Pro level competition to the Kitsap Peninsula. Hole 1 is located at the West end of the soccer field parking lot.

Driving Directions

From the Bremerton Ferry:
    Follow traffic off Ferry. Turn right at Warren Avenue and drive approximately 4 miles. Turn left at Fairgrounds Road. Drive 1.4 miles to the Fairgrounds. Look for the soccer fields.

From North of Silverdale:
    Hwy 3 South. Take the Silverdale/East Bremerton exit. Turn onto Highway 303 towards East Bremerton/Waaga Way. Take the Central Valley exit. Proceed straight through the stop light. Turn left at Nels Nelson Road. Turn Right at Fairgrounds Rd. Drive thru Kitsap Fairgrounds. Look for the soccer fields.

From South of Silverdale:
    Hwy 3 North towards Silverdale/Poulsbo. Take the Newberry Hill Rd. exit. Turn right at the traffic light. Turn Right at Bucklin Hill Rd. Turn right at Nels Nelson Rd.. Turn Right at Fairgrounds Rd. Drive thru Kitsap Fairgrounds. Look for the soccer fields.

Thanks for the info, Yardbird. What kind of condition is the Fairgrounds course in right now?
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I just visited the fairground today - but felt "out" of it because I had no clue where the beginning of the course was at. From what I've seen.. there are some wet areas and some decent dry areas. There has been some damages to the trees and what appears to be some "clear cutting". I was only able to find tee 14 and 15, but that was it for me today. I hope to go another time with some disc golfing buddies instead of being alone there.
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

The 1st tee is at the far West end of the paved parking lot by the soccer fields. There are directional signs thoughout the course. It is not too hard to figure out, but I am kinda biased since I have played it before.

Holes in order of play:
        1 - 7 (parking lot side)
        8 - 16 (Cross the road to the south)
        17 - 18 (cross the road back to the parking lot side)

The fairgrounds course is really taking shape. There has been several work parties last winter and the increase play by the local players has really helped break in the course.

Nine holes have concrete tees and the other nine holes have the forms set for a future concrete work party. Side note: The concrete was suppose to be poured last Saturday, but the concrete company cancelled on us.

Later,
        Sam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X