X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Course?

What is the Dark Course? Anyone on here know?

Are you referring to the nearby Riverside 18 course? Just across the river, and about 4 minutes away by car? Riverside 18 This course is kind of "Dark" in the sense that there are no permanent baskets, and it is only maintained by the players to my knowledge.

I could see playing Vanderyacht at night under a full moon, as it is largely open fields. Is that it? Maybe some of the surrounding homes give enough light to play certain areas? It doesn't really seem there are ton's of Safari opportunities at Vanderyacht for any more unique holes. Basically All I can see is making the shots longer by throwing one basket to a tee.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.. read about it in a review on DGCR..

Review By: WA KID
      Played: 23 Reviewed: 3 Exp: 8.8 Years

4 Helpful / 0 Not
      Pros: Little to None course Traffic. Decent Distance on majority of Back Teepads. Good course for wind practice.(In Whatcom Wind Practice can be hard to find lol) Great Baskets and Practice Baskets.

Cons: Soggy 2/3 the year it seems. The only obstuctions or hazards are barely used and not well either. Most Potential land for decent holes not used up. Don't know why. Front 4 same shot over and over. Gets old and boring ehhh? lol.Tall grass and overgrown edges of the fairway make playing the course take foreverr.

Other Thoughts: It's too bad the baskets can't get relocated to somewhere with more potential and for that matter any potential at all. The only time this course is fun is in the Summer while playing an alternate course called "The Dark Course"
      I sent the guy that wrote this review a PM, never got a response though.

So yeah, what is "the dark course"???????

Comment

Maybe throwing from an anchored boat in the river over the sandy beach and sticker bushes and to a pin.

Comment

i can only assume they light up the baskets they want to use and basically stretch the course out to make it longer or better. (aka dark course)

when we play at night here you have to know how to get from certain baskets to certain teeboxes or you will be lost. particularly from basket #2 to teebox 18(at downriver)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X