X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crying Shame

I'm new to the forum and new to the disc golf community. After moving to the Bellingham area last year my friends quickly got me acquainted with frisbee golf and Mossy Roc course in particular. Last summer (2010) I was there every time the sun was out and sometimes when it wasn't. One of the most impressive aspects of the course was how well maintained and trash free the place was...and not a garbage can in sight. It's extremely encouraging to spend time in a place with that much public access where everyone is happy to observe a 'pack it in/pack it out policy'. I think the loss of access to this course is a travesty. Sudden Valley is worried about liability and a lack of member use. Fine. I'm willing to pay for access to get Mossy Roc re-opened. I drive by all the time and rarely even see a car in the parking lot. Has anyone approached the association about purchasing the land? What would it take? Would the city contribute? Point me to the piggy bank and I'll pitch in to get Mossy Roc back!

I don't know of anyone organizing an effort to get it reopened. If I hear of anything, I will update here. Keeping on eye on this site will help.

Comment

So I went and talked to the general manager of Sudden Valley today about possibly getting Mossy Roc re-opened and he said that the only way they would be interested in re-opening it would be if Sudden Valley received $1000 a month to rent the land out. I don't think that those funds are capable of being raised and after talking to him I wouldn't even want to give them any money for how rude he was. I have been trying hard the last month finding suitable land for a new disc golf course ,because Cornwall Park is driving me insane, and I have a couple of prospects. When/If i do get a course put in ill post it.

Comment

Are there targets there like trees or anything? Is the old course still sort of there? Can I go there and throw for fun?
        It's Hawiian TIME!!!

Comment

Be Patient

There needs to be just one person contacting the SVHOA. Pat Sullivan has done a wonderful job under very trying circumstances. Please don't muck up the works by thinking your helping out.
          rewindb.com

Comment

I was told that people who are not members of the Sudden Valley HOA, or guests who are not with members of the Sudden Valley HOA could be cited for trespassing. Some members of the HOA walk their dogs up their, and may be keen on uninvited guests or unaccompanied guests. I think we need to be on our best behavior and respect the HOA director's wishes while there is still some chance (albeit seemingly a small one) that this could be reopened. I would like to support LJ Jubner's comments of keeping one contact with the HOA head, Mr. Sullivan. I might suggest, and would appreciate input on, whether it would be beneficial activity for a person to get a list together of phone numbers/contact info for people who are members in the HOA that informally support disc golf at Mossy Roc. Basically other players or family members how live in Sudden Valley currently. This is something that can be accomplished without contacting the HOA, and would potentially be supportive of Mr. Sullivan.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X