X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mossy Roc is CLOSED FOR REC PLAY

The basket on hole 24 was stolen, and this basket is personal property. With the influx of vandalism, stolen property, and garbage all the baskets have been pulled. Basket will only come out for club play on Thursday night doubles and first sat singles. Its too bad this had to happen but, until the public can learn to respect what they have the free ride is over.
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

Is Mossy Roc still closed? I was thinking about heading up there this weekend. I can bring a taser in case I see someone vandalizing the course.

Comment

They got the stolen basket back, but course is closed:

http://www.wdgc.org/news.php

Email the Sudden Valley General Manager and let disc golfers be heard.

Comment

I received a quick reply to my email:

The Executive Committee of the Sudden Valley Community Association's Board of Directors has authorized the "Mossy Rock" Disc Golf Course to reopen on a temporary basis. I would expect the temporary period to be about 90 days. This is to allow for the development of a formal proposal detailing how the course will be operated in the future. Ongoing operations will require formal approval, which is very likely.

Such an activity must meet certain requirements of the Association, as it has been developed on private property that is owned by the Association for the benefit of its members. The course will undoubtedly move to a "pay to play" status. It is unknown what the cost will be to play the course or what, if any, changes there will be. We will also address what criteria will be for non Association members to play the course.

We do appreciate the fact that the course does provide a unique venue that is challenging, tranquil and beautiful. There is good support to continue disc golf as a recreational option for the community, guests and others on a fee basis.

I look forward to having the course open in the very near future. I have already talked to the leaders of the Whatcom County Disc Golf Association and have advised them of the Association's willingness to allow the course to be reopened. They have the "green light" to work with me to reopen the course. It sounds like it will take a week or two for them to restore the baskets and get the course operating again. Information regarding the continuing status of the course will be posted on the Sudden Valley website in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Sudden Valley's disc golf course. Your feedback is both helpful and appreciated.

Have an enjoyable summer,

David Wareing
        General Manager
        Sudden Valley Community Association
        4 Clubhouse Circle
        Bellingham, WA 98229
        (360) 734-6430
        E-Mail: GM@SuddenValley.com

Comment

Is the course now open? If so how are the current conditions for play?

Comment

Mossy Roc

I played this course this weekend. It was open, and very challenging in my opinion. Like lose discs and cuss alot challenging.
            PDGA #42116

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X