• Show
Clear All

• What to expect at Fort Nugent

Its a fun little course. Break Down is something like
    2-holes over 400ft
    4-holes over 300ft
    4-holes over 200ft
    8 holes over 100ft
    I might be off but pretty close to whats above. Concrete tee pads are nice along with the Discatchers. Minimal elevation change at most 15 feet on a few holes. Greens and some fairways are very overgrown worse then what Arlington looked like when it first opened for public. Luckily the under Brush is not Thornrambles. Should clean up nicly in a year. Last 5 holes follow between a fence line and soccer field so it gets a little repetitive. There is a football field which is fun to see if you can throw through the uprights. There are also alot of soccer fields, so if the park is empty would make a fun safari course.
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Ahh A picture is worth a thousand words
      WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Course Map

Here is the course map that the parks dept send me as an attachment:

Comment

Did John Houck design this course or just print the signs?

Comment

I believe Lowell Shields did the design about 3-4 years ago
            WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
              Ah, much better.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I should point out that this one does not match the actual one at the park. The distance on hole 3 is different. It really doesn't matter because the total length of the course is wrong on both of them.

Comment

I should point out that this one does not match the actual one at the park. The distance on hole 3 is different. It really doesn't matter because the total length of the course is wrong on both of them.
                  There, all better now.... I think.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Map rocks! Thanks for the visual as I will be using it next weekend.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Hey Q, it looks like there will be some great chances for some aces.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Played a few shots there today. You will be lucky to leave with all of your disks. Lots of things to hide your disk. I didn't really care for this course buy it is the best and only thing going on WI. My job takes me all over Pudget Sound, so I try to hit a course every couple of days. I really like the course in Bremerton.

Comment

There has been a lot of improvements to the course since we started the club a month ago.

Bag Hook at every hole.
                          General clean up has been done on holes 1, 5, 7, and 9 with more in the works.
                          Lil Flyer t pads will be done at the end of June for Junior players 12 and under.

Weekly Sunday Doubles at noon
                          Handicap League Wednesday nights 530pm

On-Site Innova disc sales as well as demo clinics for Adults and Juniors.

If it's been awhile since you headed out to the course, come take a look...

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com/forum for all the current details!
                          www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                          www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X