X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan's Sunnyside Review

Today was my first time playing Sunnyside and I really enjoyed it. I just moved to Pullman in August to attend WSU and was worried that I wouldn't have a fun course to play but that is not the case. I believe they have made many improvements since General Scales posted his review so I will try to update the changes.

1) There are now both tee pads and tee signs for every hole. The teepads are the rubber fly pad type and are a little shorter than what I am used to but I didn't have any problems. I can see where some people might though. On the longer holes where I needed a longer run up, there was room behind the pad for it. The tee signs are nice and include hole #, par, distance, a map of the hole, and direction to the next tee pad. I was able to navigate the course with just a little bit of trouble.

2) I agree with General Scales' review that the baskets not being numbered is a bit of a pain especially since a few of them are very close together. I also found the out of bounds hard to decipher but I only found it once and there was no question that I was out.

3) The major complaint I have is that some of the paths overlap with fairways and you throw across a walking path. There are a few holes that shouldn't really be played at the same time because of proximity but it isn't a big problem because I don't think the course gets that crowded.

4) The people in the park seemed very nice and respecful of the disc golfers. An older man walking through led me to a teepad that I was looking for and nobody in the park seemed to care about the 3 kids in the pond fishing for their disc. The only complaint I had about people was the girl siting under a tree on hole 1 with her headphones on reading. Could be a little dangerous for her if she can't hear a fore but nobody threw the hole while she was there.

5) Lots of great use of the elevation in the park mixed in with a few flat long holes makes this a really fun course. The hills make it so the short holes aren't just a "gimmie" especially in the wind. It was also cool to the the pond be incoporated although for most people it probably isn't a problem to clear, but it will make you think harder about your shot. The only thing the course is lacking is a few really technical shots but there aren't really any trees for it so I guess I can't complain. There are shots that range from 180' ish all the way up to a little over 400'.

So overall I am really excited to have this course to play during my next two years at WSU. It really is a fun course and just has a style that you don't see a lot. I strongly suggest you play this course if you're in the area. If you want a guide or just want to play a round, pm me on here because I am looking to meet some new disc golfers from the east side of the mountains.
    Last edited by Nathan; September 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM.
    A par is not a bogey.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X