X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year!!!

Today 1/26/11 it has been 1 year since we started people's park!!!

People are still down play the course, also all buckets are still in place and out there. I want to give a special thanks Jeremy Thortan for designing/helping me set up the course!!! I also would like to thank all my sponsors you have supported the course and all the players who have came out and gave me money to help make this a better course and to get baskets in.
    We have raised around 1,700 so far!
    Also would like to give a special thanks to Bob who helped me run the tournaments, as well as Lyle who helped run one of the tournaments and all my volunteers!!! There will be more tournaments this year starting in March. Hope to see more people out at the tournaments and playing the course.
    I know it has been a long drawn out year in trying to get the course put in permanently, but please do not give up hope on getting the course completed.

Please come out and support the course.

If any comments or concern please leave on this thread.

Has it really been a year? Wow! A lot of stuff has happened in the year since the course was put into action.

Played there about a dozen times. Last time I went there, Kevin was chasing down buckets that had been thrown into the water. We helped him locate a couple but alas, we couldn't complete the course due to missing buckets. It's been so long since I've been down there, I am not sure of what the layout is.

I cant wait for it to have baskets. It could be just as much fun as Corbin is. Plus, it would be sweet to see tournaments that featured Highbridge, People's and Downriver in one weekend. Kudos to all who have busted their butts making sure the course is kept playable.

Is there anyway to get an updated pic to show the current layout? I would love to play it on Sunday when I head down to Highbridge.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Happy Birthday

Thank you Kevin. Keeping the buckets in place for a whole year has been a job all by itself.

May it be easier this year and let's hope the Spokane Tribe works with us.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Right on, Kevin. Maintaining this course has been your labor of love, and it shows.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I regret to say that someone went down and destroyed the course. It will be unplayable for right now. I am in the process of making more buckets. I need more plywood to help put them back together. also screws, liquid nails, & 4X4 post. if you have some of these materials and are willing to donate them to the park please call me at 509-216-4929 i am hoping to get the course up and running again and benefit tournaments up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by special K View Post
            I regret to say that someone went down and destroyed the course.
            Someone should notify the press (and the police, obviously).
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Beat Feet

I have a set of 48 newly cut 'feet' for your new set of posts. That's enough to take care of 12 buckets. I think your resolve to keep our project at People's Park in place is the main ingredient in the recipe for our eventual success. A place in our pantheon of legends awaits you.

Comment

the course is back and run saw please go play it thanks to rob,Arin,Stan,Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by special K View Post
                  the course is back and run saw please go play it thanks to rob,Arin,Stan,Ryan
                  Huh?!?
                  I think 6am might be a little early for you... or is that your southern accent in text form?
                  When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Is there a Map of current layout available?

Comment

Originally posted by Dadio! View Post
                      Is there a Map of current layout available?
                      this is pretty darn close:

ppdgcmap
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Went down today and found Pripyat DGC. Looks like the creeps are winning...only 5 buckets left on the course (12 thru 16) and no signs of recent play.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to get inspired to play when you've been playing half a course the entire time. It get's old trying to locate the buckets that some asshole has thrown into the creek a thousand times. It must be killing Kevin to have to maintain that everyday. I really hope the baskets go in the ground (or cement blocks) soon. Then I'd play it every time I went to Highbridge instead of going there every 3 months or so.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Mad props to kevin for all his work keeping that thing as in the ground as possible!
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Agreed on the mad props. Kevin, your a disc golf soldier!
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X