X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noon on 20 Feb Singles Format tournament at Peoples Park

Please come out and make this course possible.

Cost is $10, larger donations will be greatly appreciated.

Playing in the "tournament" is you donating directly to the course, all money collected on Saturday will go towards making People's Park Spokane's newest full up course.

All players will get some return for playing in the form of prizes that will be raffled off.

Register from 1130-1230, then go play with your friends. Raffle should take place at 2:30.

Raffle donations

Jack's Rapid Fire Plastic, North Idaho's number one disc golf supplier, made a huge donation today for the raffle.

Check out his amazing inventory of discs and supplies at:

2450 E. Seltice Way, Post Falls, ID (at the Auto Shine Car Wash)
    Last edited by joeroyer; February 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Raffle donations

We all know Steve and naturally he threw down some plastic for the raffle:

Visit his website for directions the Stimpi Ridge Pro Shop:

http://www.stimpiridge.com/

Comment

Raffle donations

Archie Bond supplied some nice custom stamped Discraft plastic and some cool tee shirts from his annual Cancer Patient Care charity tournament.

His yearly tournament raises THOUSANDS of dollars for Spokane cancer sufferers. Make sure to support him come Fall 2010.

Comment

Raffle Donations

The Spokane Disc Golf Association has thrown some discs and wears into our growing stash of raffle items.

For info on joining the SDGA, even by using PAYPAL, go to:

http://www.sdga.us

Comment

Part of the reason for prototyping these course layouts is to get feedback, so this is also a good way to go out and learn the layout and then give input. Input that is constructive and detailed will be helpful.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I played the course today during the fundraiser and I'm thinking it needs to be harder, just kidding, it was pretty easy. I'm glad we raised the money and there was a nice turnout of people thanks and I hope everyone had fun.
              I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Raffle Donations

Just wanted to add that Spokane's own Team Chump really helped make this happen by adding to the raffle huge. Thanks a bunch guys

Comment

The event raised $560, 49 players

Thanks for coming out everyone. I look forward to the day when we are given money buy baskets, until then we're gonna make it happen ourselves by doing things like this. Keep checking back here for the next event, I hope you all had fun. If you enjoyed the event or not talk about it here, if you want to comment about the layout or People's Park in general, post in that forum please.

Comment

Fundraiser Event Feedback

Originally posted by joeroyer View Post
                    Thanks for coming out everyone. I look forward to the day when we are given money buy baskets, until then we're gonna make it happen ourselves by doing things like this. Keep checking back here for the next event, I hope you all had fun. If you enjoyed the event or not talk about it here, if you want to comment about the layout or People's Park in general, post in that forum please.

I had a lot of fun, playing the event and the day before.
                    The #4 Tee needs to be moved. I fired a driver a little hard, and low, at #3, and it would've taken someone's toupee off, on #4, if it hadn't hit one of the trees at the back of the green, and I couldn't see them below the hill, from the #3 tee, so I never thought to yell FORE. When I got up there, they were chatting, eight feet below my fallen disc, oblivious to the near disaster.

I wish I would've taken notes, because there were one or two other tee/green problems. Oh, one is #7 or 8, which fairway parallel's a path, with a thick row of trees between them. Downside of that one is, the righty shot is giant helix over the trees and path, hoping to come back to the landing area, of which, the right side/path is completely blind from the tee. Quite dangerous to pedestrians. Safer to take the tee out in the open and throw across the path, with an open view of pedestrians and bikers, both directions.

I also pose a question to the Board. May the teesigns reflect a sponsor's donation, and logo, Of which could be purchased for the price of the hole? ($500?). Many local businesses and/or clubs, even individuals, may step up and finish buying us a course.

This message sponsored by Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf

Stimp

Comment

Really enjoyed playing the new layout, and my score is entirely my own fault.

I saw groups waiting patiently for other pedestrians on the trails. Respect for non-DG park users is critical to maintaining public goodwill for this effort.

Job well done, guys.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X