X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoples park on the news today @ 6 on channel 4

We had some SDGA board members contact the news about the new course were trying to establish. We seem to be stepping on the stomping or should I say romping grounds of the local outdoor gay community that we flushed out of highbridge. So I hope the news segment can get them out of there with the push were giving them also.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

http://www.kxly.com/news/22458184/detail.html

Comment

Good stuff.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

There is a comment section on kxly's coverage of peoples park, i hope everyone can put in good positive comments on there. There is a lot of trash talk from people on there already, but I think its mostly the people were chasing out of there. So please try and make us look good and not stoop to the level of some of the peoples commments (Gina) I don't know her but I don't like her, but oh well. Let's get peoples park back
        I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Don't even bother posting if you're just going to talk crap or respond to the negative stereotype of "pot smoking disc golfers."

All you do is reinforce the negative comments when you do that. Don't feed the trolls.

Focus on the positive aspects of disc golf.

Comment

Well, not to be rude, but I'd rather see a whole bunch of pot smoking hippies playing disc golf then a whole bunch of ugly gay and lesbian people getting naked and performing lewd sex acts in public. Seems that would be a bigger issue for family values.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Way to go SDG!
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                Well, not to be rude, but I'd rather see a whole bunch of pot smoking hippies playing disc golf then a whole bunch of ugly gay and lesbian people getting naked and performing lewd sex acts in public. Seems that would be a bigger issue for family values.
                Doesn't matter, keep it off that site.

The city doesn't want pot smoking or public exposure.

When you talk about it, all you do is validate the naysayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  Doesn't matter, keep it off that site.

The city doesn't want pot smoking or public exposure.

When you talk about it, all you do is validate the naysayers.
                  Oh I'm not dumb enough to start a flame war with a group of people that feel their lewd public acts are justified in some insane way.

On a side note, I was propositioned by a man out there about two weeks ago when I was walking the park to come up with a layout. It was very disturbing.

As for the whole pot issue, it's always going to be an issue. Of course those of us who do indulge are usually smart enough to leave the herb at home. Or should be if they really want to do whats best for the D.G. community.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

I thought I let everyone know that I've had two separate groups of people came up to me just to thank a random disc golfer for trying to improve People's Park. All the pedestrians that were down there seemed really optimistic about the future of the park. Kudos to all the people that put in the work that got me the compliment.

Comment

Now that's something worth posting on the kxly blog

Comment

People's Park article in the Inlander

Comment

Looks like the Inlander doesn't really check their facts all that well.

Oh well.

Comment

So if the Gay and Lesbian "getting naked and performing lewd sex acts in public" were good looking it would be alright or are they "ugly" because they Gay or Lesbian?

Oh I'm not dumb enough to start a flame war with a group of people that feel their lewd public acts are justified in some insane way.

On a side note, I was propositioned by a man out there about two weeks ago when I was walking the park to come up with a layout. It was very disturbing.
                            Would it be just as disturbing if a woman propositioned you or would that be less "disturbing" to you? In my opinion you sound like a homophobe in these posts and I find your comments extremely offensive. I came into this thread because I am planning on being in town this weekend and I plan on playing this course and this is what I find. I also googled People's Park and this was one of the top links on the search, sad this is still viewable. I could still use a guide but you won't be it. On second thought I have the map.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Silly, I'd be happy to show you the course, depending on when exactly you are coming in to town.

Shoot me a pm.

You don't necessarily need a guide, because that map in the other thread is easy to follow.
                              Last edited by Parks; July 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X