Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News...

Originally posted by SeanT00 View Post
    Howdy again! Have we heard any news from the Parks Department regarding the People's Park course? It's been a little over a month now and I'm excited to hear what the word is. I can't imagine why it takes the damn bureaucrats so long to make a decision that to me seems so simple.
    Everyone's wondering...

I recently had a meeting with our Park Department contact and asked him if there was any news - as in can we move forward with the project. He merely said, "No."
    At our last meeting at the Peaceful Valley Community Center we were told that they would be applying for a permit to dig in the federally protected acreage that we know as People's Park. He indicated that this process will probably take a long time. They also know that we've been considering ways around digging...I hope that is a decision about this proposed course soon. I'll be gently lobbying for progress so that we can move ahead with it.
    I'll pass on anything that I hear.

Sky Pilot
    Sign Planter
    Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
      ways around digging...
      ways? As in, more than one? And what, pray tell, would that look like? Real baskets? On..concrete blocks?...steel plates?...trained elephants?
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
        ways? As in, more than one? And what, pray tell, would that look like? Real baskets? On..concrete blocks?...steel plates?...trained elephants?
        whatever works
        Rely on Me

Comment

whatever works
          So.....definitely, trained elephants.
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
            So.....definitely, trained elephants.
            Can you arrange it?
            Rely on Me

Comment

Can you arrange it?
              Oh wait...that wouldn't work because all the mice/gophers/prairie dogs/ marmits would scare the elephants away.

Hey, I said trained elephants...not well-trained elephants.

Comment

So...is anyone actually playing PP? My last ten rounds or so I have not seen a single other golfer down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Timber View Post
                  So...is anyone actually playing PP? My last ten rounds or so I have not seen a single other golfer down there.
                  No doubt. I've been usually going early in the morning, so I usually don't expect to see any one then, but the few times I have gone later in the day, it still seems like a ghost town. I think once parks-n-rec stop dragging their feet and give the club the word to dig or not, so we can get real baskets up in this joint! (Hey, to whomever may be waiting to put together work parties, when it's go time, I'll be there. I've got a really nice post-hole digger, a mattock and a pinch iron/tamp rod if any of those are needed.)

As the summer marches on, and the powers that be continue to stagnate the project, it makes me wonder if maybe efforts would have been better spent at Sekani. But one can never predict how the wheels of bureaucracy may turn. Of course, it would stand to reason that getting PPDGC up and running is the greater benefit to the community and will do more to grow the sport in Spokane, but now the summer is waining and it is beginning to look like neither will be closer to being fleshed out, much less finished.

Comment

I was down at Highbridge and J. Shreck and I did some important work. Check it out next time you're down there.
                    Tomorrow evening at 6:30PM J. and I plan to meet to install and paint some of the new Tee Box signs that Gordy made.
                    Join us if you would like to work.

Sky Pilot
                    Bench Mover
                    Rely on Me

Comment

I was down at Highbridge and J. Shreck and I did some important work. Check it out next time you're down there.
                      Tomorrow evening at 6:30PM J. and I plan to meet to install and paint some of the new Tee Box signs that Gordy made.
                      Join us if you would like to work.

Sky Pilot
                      Bench Mover
                      Sorry this is post-activity, and thanks for the invite, but I wasn't available because I just got back from taking the wife and kids camping up at Lake Ellen over the weekend.

Still up for working on PP (when the time comes--and Sekani for that matter), but I should be on the email list by now (right, Bob?) and will keep my eyes open for work party announcements, or PM me--but bear in mind, as I mentioned before, I do have a family (and full-time school) that demand a lot of my time. Still, I will do my best to be there and help out. Our courses will only look as good as the energy and effort that are put into them.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X