X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 ugh!

so anyone know when we can get the real basket placement back? this new one is pretty sad. i know its a few days old but really? what a bad spot. those damn toys needed to be in a better spot, perhaps on the other side of the park? the unused side? i know it was on the plans for "years" but honestly work with the people that actually use the damn park. id love a new placement to the right of the real spot, but the gay bush needs some trimming. any other ideas? i dont want flames agenst my post, so if thats what you have to say, move along.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
    so anyone know when we can get the real basket placement back? this new one is pretty sad. i know its a few days old but really? what a bad spot. those damn toys needed to be in a better spot, perhaps on the other side of the park? the unused side? i know it was on the plans for "years" but honestly work with the people that actually use the damn park. id love a new placement to the right of the real spot, but the gay bush needs some trimming. any other ideas? i dont want flames agenst my post, so if thats what you have to say, move along.
    if you feel that its in such a bad placement then maybe YOU should come down and have a nice sit down chat with the parks dept because THAT is who said where 18s basket should go .. the club as caretakers of the disc golf course have no choice but to move the basket or risk losing the whole disc golf course .. there are also a few trees the parks dept has slated for removal i am sure you are going to have something to say about that but i will wait .. b.t.w WHERE were you when a few members from the club were down there at high bridge working on the grant project trying to make the course look better ?

Comment

Honestly Red, as a property owner in Spokane this is our children's playground in our park. For you to say "damn toys" and "damn park" is disrespectful and I would hope that you would stay away from our park. You do disc golf in Spokane no favors as the city (me and others) takes notice.

Comment

Dear Golfers

Ten years ago no one would ever have considered building a children's playground in Highbridge Park. To me it's humbling that our presence in this park is considered a civilizing influence and that the Neighborhood Association thinks we're well matched as parkmates for the kids and moms and dads.. Take it a a complement.

Comment

I can understand the frustration of all parties involved. I look at it this way, there is no reason the toys couldn't of been put anywhere in the park. It's sad that they wished them to go right at the base of the most fun hole in Highbridge.

It's awesome that families can feel safe in the park nowadays as disc golfers cleaned up the place spic and span. I guess what the city couldn't do or wouldn't do the disc golfers did.

With that being said, is there anyway to move the hole further right? That bushy area over there is never going to be used by anyone and I don't see why (without a little persuasion and hard work) the hole couldn't go to the right.

Oh and by the way, awesome work party results guys. Simply awesome.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            I can understand the frustration of all parties involved. I look at it this way, there is no reason the toys couldn't of been put anywhere in the park. It's sad that they wished them to go right at the base of the most fun hole in Highbridge.

It's awesome that families can feel safe in the park nowadays as disc golfers cleaned up the place spic and span. I guess what the city couldn't do or wouldn't do the disc golfers did.

With that being said, is there anyway to move the hole further right? That bushy area over there is never going to be used by anyone and I don't see why (without a little persuasion and hard work) the hole couldn't go to the right.

Oh and by the way, awesome work party results guys. Simply awesome.
            THE PARKS DEPT IS GOING TO CLEAN UP THOSE TREES and WIDEN THE PARKING DOWN THERE AS WELL (opps sorry about the caps ) the parks dept AND the neighborhood housing above goverment way ARE glad the disc golfers have done what we have with HB and if we keep up the GREAT job of KEEPING the park clean and maintained WE just MIGHT have a way to get peoples park back .. As i have been keeping in contact with a few parks people that WANT it to go in .. so please people give a little time with are parks dept ..

Comment

I recently started a few months ago and was very pleased with the old 18. I was finally able to birdie it with almost every disc I threw at it. I understand the frustration of having it moved however I also grew up, just up the road and seeing what this course has done to it makes me feel very lucky to be allowed to play in the area I grew up in. As well as kinda sad I have not been able to give much back to it due to just starting the sport and working what seems to be every work party everywhere. 18 now offers a new challenge that is almost what seems to be a birdie hole only not the old risk/reward hole of blasting a few down. The right may be possible with a lot of work, which I would be glad to help with. Love the new stairs.

My girl on the last set on Sunday. Thanks to everyone involved with working in this Great Northwest weather this last weekend.
              Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Comment

The area to the right puts the parking lot in danger.

Comment

If we can't go right with the pin, can we maybe move the tee to a different location, maybe off to the right or something along those lines? There is potential if we are allowed to tinker with it.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X