X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benches

The benches look nice. Thanks to those who are putting in the work. Wouldn't mind helping out some time.

On a side note is 14 ever going to be moved to the alternate pin placement?
    Would be fun to try out.

Not as long as there's concrete in the pin. Same as #3.

Know anyone with a chisel and a lot of time on their hands?
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Erosion?

Originally posted by Parks View Post

I checked it out recently with Justin Flood (anyone seen him around lately?) and we were thinking that the alternate pin placements for 10, 14 and 3 had erosion issues and should be re-thought. I'd be willing to move them and play them - but let's disuss the issue...

Sky
      Rely on Me

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post

How about someone with an impact drill that doubles as a small jackhammer....and someone with a lot of time on their hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
          How about someone with an impact drill that doubles as a small jackhammer....and someone with a lot of time on their hands?
          Almost seems like it would be less effort to dig out the whole anchor and drive the concrete out through the bottom with a rod and a sledge. Otherwise, you are going to need a serious roto-hammer with an impressively long bit because I think a jackhammer would run the risk of warping the sleeve, still, you'll also have to be able to get all of the shattered concrete out.. hmmm, It's feasible, but it will require a fair amount of heavy equipment and a work party.

-OR-

Almost seems like the rocket-scientist that put the sleeves in wet concrete without a plug in the bottom, should lay down the bread for two new anchors.
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

They were all done without a plug but the concrete was too watery on the aforementioned holes Hole 10 is definitely going to erode quickly and it isn't a very good hole. Hole 14 will erode as well as it is already pretty eroded right there anyway. Hole 3 may be ok for occasional pin placement but I would like to see a pin placement on the edge of the grass about 70 feet closer than the existing pin. That way Hole 15 could be moved to hole 3's pin placement.
            Relax and enjoy your hair
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The easiest way to handle it is to wait for the next rain and pull the whole entire anchors out. Chip away the concrete and re sink them.. actually those pins were all fairly sandy.. especially 14 and 10. They could be pulled rather easily
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

"A" and "B" positions

I'm still hoping to determine an "A" and a "B" permanent pin placement positions for Highbridge.

I'm assuming that the typical "A" position would be the original position and the alternates would be the "B" position. However is it okay if one of the set-ups - let's say the "A" position is considerably easier than the other?

Sky Pilot
                Rely on Me

Comment

I am not a fan of alt 2, it pushes into hole 17 and it is a much easier shot. There is a much better pin for this hole..

Hole 4's alt is about 30 feet long, makes the hole a par 3 and a half.

Hole 5 in the regular position which it hasn't been for a while is good but it runs into the road.

Hole 6's alt would be good if we still could throw from up on the hill and didn't have to stay away from the water, Once again a new pin should be put in, maybe to the left of the existing pin.

Hole 7's alt is boring. Not really a good spot for an alt but a new teepad has some sweet possibilities.

Hole 9 is an awesome alt and needs a third.
                  Hole 10's alt is an erosion nightmare.

Hole 13 regular is the dumbest (most boring) hole on the course. Eric Brown has like 50 aces on that hole, if you ace that hole at an acepot you should have to match the pot There is 2 really good alts for this hole, both plans use the existing fairway to the alt so assuming this happens hole 12 would need a new regular because there is no way to use the old with the new 13 fairway.

Answering some of these questions would go a long way to deciding on a good "A" and "B" course. The problem with answering this now is some holes do not work well or are really easy and that they were designed with out the city;s new limitations.. just my $.02
                  TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

PDGA

If you look up the SSA on Highbridge you get:
                    (as the most recent SSA)

High Bridge Park DGC Standard / Long positions (B) (2010 Lilac City Open)
                    SSA= 49.74

I think this is an easy way to look at the problem.
                    Short positions (A)
                    Long positions (B)

It's not like we have to have it set-up as all A positions or all B positions.
                    Just clarify what is what and get on with it. We will make changes and we will have to re-do some things. Oh well, no need to seize up the entire process over a few future hic-ups.

As for the ORIGINAL question...
                    I would be happy to apply an afternoon to taking out those anchors and cleaning them off if it means actually getting alternates we can use.

Hell, I will run out there on Tuesday and start on the project if nobody objects. I'll pull the ruined alts on 3 and 14 and start cleaning off the concrete. Let me know when you want to re-set them and I will make sure they are ready and available.
                    When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

The anchors are $29 each. The club doesn't have that? Or why can't we get some built? It's pipe with a tab and some rebar welded to it.
                      PDGA #42116

Comment

exactly...

it's stuff that seems pointlessly easy, yet getting it done means putting in the time and effort. $60 doesn't seem like much but it's good money that could be used for a basket or weed trimmer we don't have.

I am willing to put in the effort in a way I can, if you can weld I am sure we could use your skills.

This goes out to everyone with specialized skills/equipment:
                        welding, landscaping, painting, vinyl... whatever helps.

I have a decent back and some free time this summer... I'll do my part.
                        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

If you have the free time and feel so obliged to help, GO FOR IT!! That has how things have got done for a long time. Nobody will object to you making something unuseable, useable..
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Yank 13 short and 12 regular and alt 4, 7 and 10 while your at it.. ;D
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X