Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spokanite88
    started a topic Recent defacements at High Bridge Disc Golf Course

Recent defacements at High Bridge Disc Golf Course

Played High Bridge recently and unfortunately saw more SDGA benches and course features defaced with paint markings of "Norte 214" and other such gang-related graffiti.

My friend said she played Sunday and watched a group (including 3 young dark-haired males dressed in matching red shorts) deface the tee marker rock for hole 4 in this very same manner. A confrontation between groups almost took place which may not have been pleasant or safe for the people involved.

This is saddening, we ran all the deviants and addicts out of High Bridge Park and soon will have them out of Peoples Park. Now our beautiful course is supposedly the property of some adolescent gang of red spray painters? Ahhhhhhh! Did I miss something?

Are the SDGA and the Parks Department aware of this and are there any plans in the works to address this situation?

As always, thanks to SDGA and the fantastic effort they put in to promote the sport and maintain our awesome local courses.

• Burge
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
    I do still have some, but I am on vacation for the next week so I will not be able to get to it until next Sunday or Monday. Due to the fact that I am recently unemployed, I will only be able to afford maybe one more gallon. I will do as much as I can on both courses with what I have. If anyone has any other projects for our courses, I will be happy to lend a hand when I get back.
    Post or pm the name of the product, or a product number, and I could afford to go buy a gallon and at least re-coat the benches.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Get 'em in the ground

Sean,

Did you check with Gordy about the sign posts that he's made? These will need to have a coat or 2 of something on them prior to being installed - due to the fact that they are new. I put a walnut stain on the tee signs at Downriver and sealed it with a coat of Bahr sealer and finisher. I think they look pretty good and will better withstand the weather. I'd like to see something like that on the new signs as well. Wobbley Bob is a painter as well as Rob and Kevin Sakus.
    Let's get this done this summer. There's no reason why we can't. I'll help as much as I can to coordinate the meeting of the folks that can accomplish this.
    Get back to me or call me at 475-5378

Thanks Sean

Sky Pilot

Leave a comment:

• Sean Johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Sean if you're following this and you still have some of that solid color oil based stain and you want to cover this latest offence by the gang - please feel free. I don't know if there is any Norte graffiti at Downriver. If there is and you want to cover that feel free.

Sky Pilot
    Back to playing again - sort of - only backhand... better than nothing... Putting is more consistent
    SDGA
    I do still have some, but I am on vacation for the next week so I will not be able to get to it until next Sunday or Monday. Due to the fact that I am recently unemployed, I will only be able to afford maybe one more gallon. I will do as much as I can on both courses with what I have. If anyone has any other projects for our courses, I will be happy to lend a hand when I get back.

Leave a comment:

• Yoduh
    replied
    Originally posted by Parks View Post
    Call the cops if you see them doing anything out at the course.

Get their car make/model/year and license plate numbers and post them on here so people can know when to keep a look out for them.
    I was down there when this happened. We walked up to hole 2 and saw them walking from 3 back over to 17. When we got up to the benches I looked down and saw the painting and said aloud.. "I wonder what idiots wrote this crap? Don't they realize that this just makes them look stupid and causes everybody to loose respect for them?" I poured water on it and tried scrubbing it but it barely did anything.. When we got out of earshot Kevin called the police and made a report. They left after hole 18, there was 5 of them on team red and white and there was 6 of us but everbody with me wasn't comfortable at all with me when I was speaking (very loudly, they were 50ft from me) Hopefully they got the message.. We have to do what Kevin has been doing down at People's Fix their crap right away until they realize that there energy is being wasted.. WE MUST OUTLAST THEM.. We will as we have been here and are staying.

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    Call the cops if you see them doing anything out at the course.

Get their car make/model/year and license plate numbers and post them on here so people can know when to keep a look out for them.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Fingers
    replied
    norte

norte is a mexican gang.Means Northside. little bas-TARDS .uh ??with the paintball I mean . google it

Leave a comment:

• prospect
    replied
    Originally posted by Burge View Post
    Okay, I just played Highbridge this morning and guess who's back to their old tricks?

You guessed it: Norte. Before I go on, let me vent some unbridled emoticon vehemence:

Now, Let's take a broader perspective on this current 'Norte' problem by thinking about who 'Norte' is... more than likely, Norte is just some ignorant punk who feels the need to inflate his fragile ego by wielding his blatant disregard for other people's efforts at community-building by pissing all over their hard work like a dog with a can of red spray paint. The reality is that 'Norte' is just that: an ignorant punk. He wont last. Chances are he'll soon wind up in jail, or worse, and the 'Norte ' tagging will mysteriously stop. If someone happens to see him in the act (again) and lucks out enough to actually get the cops to nail him for vandalism, all that will happen is a court appearance and a fine and then old 'Norte' will be back with a vengence. So, painting over is the best method, and the quicker the better.

Hey Bob, what product are you using? I swear I've got some Behr oil-based one-coat opaque deck stain that is that exact same color(if not damn close). I'm gonna keep a can in the back of the car and just go over 'Norte's' piss whenever I find it.
    I would love to sit in the bushes with a ghillie suit and a paintball gun and "tag" them back, but unfortunately it is usually several punks, not just one. I've also noticed an older guy with them as well, so it's not just a young kid. You can recognize these assholes by their very fasionable all red clown suits and generally shitty attitude. I also find it hilarious that they find the need to "rep" at a disc golf course. I guess gang members aren't as hardcore as they used to be, and back alleys are too scary. Douches.

Leave a comment:

• Burge
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I'd imagine Norte is a "they" rather than a "he".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte%C3%B1os
    Hmm...highly likely. Regardless, it still means that covering the tags ASAP and continuing to take pride in our course will be the best defense.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post

Sean if you're following this and you still have some of that solid color oil based stain and you want to cover this latest offence by the gang - please feel free. I don't know if there is any Norte graffiti at Downriver. If there is and you want to cover that feel free.

Sky Pilot
    Back to playing again - sort of - only backhand... better than nothing... Putting is more consistent
    SDGA

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Burge
    replied
    Okay, I just played Highbridge this morning and guess who's back to their old tricks?

You guessed it: Norte. Before I go on, let me vent some unbridled emoticon vehemence:

Now, Let's take a broader perspective on this current 'Norte' problem by thinking about who 'Norte' is... more than likely, Norte is just some ignorant punk who feels the need to inflate his fragile ego by wielding his blatant disregard for other people's efforts at community-building by pissing all over their hard work like a dog with a can of red spray paint. The reality is that 'Norte' is just that: an ignorant punk. He wont last. Chances are he'll soon wind up in jail, or worse, and the 'Norte ' tagging will mysteriously stop. If someone happens to see him in the act (again) and lucks out enough to actually get the cops to nail him for vandalism, all that will happen is a court appearance and a fine and then old 'Norte' will be back with a vengence. So, painting over is the best method, and the quicker the better.

Hey Bob, what product are you using? I swear I've got some Behr oil-based one-coat opaque deck stain that is that exact same color(if not damn close). I'm gonna keep a can in the back of the car and just go over 'Norte's' piss whenever I find it.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Sean,

I was down there today and saw that you had painted them. They looked better and it appeared that the graffiti was nicely covered. Good job!

I recently re-finished the sign frames at Downriver they don't need to be painted.

Gordy has built 18 new frames and posts for Highbridge. They would need to have some stain or sealer on them unless he's done this himself. Check with Gordy about this.

Thanks for your hard work.

Sky Pilot

Leave a comment:

• Sean Johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Sean did you pain any benches. Let me know if you're going out to do this.

Sky P.
    I painted all the benches today, but not any of the planks (like the one on 18) or the signs. Once I realized that the course layout had changed, I had to kind of jam through it so I could play the different placements before the tournament. I plan on staining the signage and giving the benches another coat, but I doubt I will be able to do it before this weekend. There is enough left to do at least the signs, but probably not the posts.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Pilot
    replied
    Rolling out the paint for the benches

Sean did you pain any benches. Let me know if you're going out to do this.

Sky P.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X