X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent defacements at High Bridge Disc Golf Course

Played High Bridge recently and unfortunately saw more SDGA benches and course features defaced with paint markings of "Norte 214" and other such gang-related graffiti.

My friend said she played Sunday and watched a group (including 3 young dark-haired males dressed in matching red shorts) deface the tee marker rock for hole 4 in this very same manner. A confrontation between groups almost took place which may not have been pleasant or safe for the people involved.

This is saddening, we ran all the deviants and addicts out of High Bridge Park and soon will have them out of Peoples Park. Now our beautiful course is supposedly the property of some adolescent gang of red spray painters? Ahhhhhhh! Did I miss something?

Are the SDGA and the Parks Department aware of this and are there any plans in the works to address this situation?

As always, thanks to SDGA and the fantastic effort they put in to promote the sport and maintain our awesome local courses.

What time where they down there?

What age group are we talking about?

Also were they throwing? I ask only because there was talk of the same graffiti over at Downriver.

We probably need to start covering or removing the graffiti.

As for the group we could either find a legal way to handle this, or...

We could start to photo or film them defacing the course. If they drive to the course we could turn a license plate into the police.

Either way they should not feel welcome at either course.

Comment

They were there about 11AM and appeared to all be in their twenties. Yes, they were playing the course.

Comment

Awesome that is all we need is gang banging throwers with no respect for the course. Gotta love it.

Comment

These individuals have become very active in tagging all over town. I think we still have an SPD oficer that is assigned to Gangs. I know they like to get reports on activity. Please be careful approaching these people. They are not inclined to see the evil of their ways through rational discussion.

Comment

I have reported this activity to the police. I also covered their markings on basket #13 at Highbridge. I think it looks a lot better. I plan to 'erase' their markings on the benches as well. I will need some help to do this. Any volunteers?

Sky Pilot
            Rely on Me

Comment

Yes, I would definitely like to help and I have a friend who wants to join us.

When were you thinking?

How many volunteers were you hoping to get for this project?

Comment

Its terrible because this happened yesterday to Downriver as well.
                Is this what It looked like at Highbridge?

I saw this on 17. 14 Has it as well.

Comment

erasing the marks

I would need to have someone (or a few people) that can sand this stuff off the benches. I can help a little bit with sanding but I have to be careful due to some injuries that I have.
                  I would like to do it in the evening or early morning. Let me know if you know of a way that we can use electric sanders or battery operated ones (if they exist)
                  I also heard that the Sharpie marker will actually come off of the Polycarbonite material (plastic) that covers the tee signs at Downriver. I hope so.

Sky Pilot
                  Rely on Me

Comment

That's too bad but this is kind of what you get in Spo-Compton.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Good to hear that the Downriver signs should clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        That's too bad but this is kind of what you get in Spo-Compton.
                        Ignorant statement. This is what you get when you don't have enough people who truly care, not what you get for living in a particular location. I would be willing to bet that there is tagging on the west side of the state, if not more.
                        PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                          Ignorant statement. This is what you get when you don't have enough people who truly care, not what you get for living in a particular location. I would be willing to bet that there is tagging on the west side of the state, if not more.
                          Our courses are a hell of a lot worse than yours I can say this with confidence. I was just giving you guys hell, I love the courses in the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene. I'm sorry to hear about this.
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            Our courses are a hell of a lot worse than yours I can say this with confidence. I was just giving you guys hell, I love the courses in the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene. I'm sorry to hear about this.
                            Word
                            PDGA #42116

Comment

Thank God for rubbing alcohol!

Hey, I went down to Downriver and wiped ALL the graffiti off of the plastic covering the new tee signs! All I used was a cloth and some rubbing alcohol. Yeah!

Sky Pilot
                              SDGA
                              President
                              Rely on Me

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X