Recent defacements at High Bridge Disc Golf Course Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    So I picked up the stain and I have a few rollers, a few brushes, and a few speed pads. I've also got a truck for the weekend, so I can bring the RR ties down. If we can't work out something mutually agreeable for our schedules, is there somewhere I can leave the lumber? I can stain a bench more or less unsupervised, but I don't know a thing about building tee pads.

    Comment


    • #32
      Teepads

      Level... level. Big too.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
        So I picked up the stain and I have a few rollers, a few brushes, and a few speed pads. I've also got a truck for the weekend, so I can bring the RR ties down. If we can't work out something mutually agreeable for our schedules, is there somewhere I can leave the lumber? I can stain a bench more or less unsupervised, but I don't know a thing about building tee pads.
        \
        What color is the stain and how much do you have. I'd like to do this soon if the weather permits.

        Sky Pilot
        SDGA Bench Painter
        Rely on Me

        Comment


        • #34
          It's a gallon of dark brown color. I will be out there as soon as the weather breaks. I really want to do it before the tournament though

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
            It's a gallon of dark brown color. I will be out there as soon as the weather breaks. I really want to do it before the tournament though
            I now have access to a 1000 watt portable generator. I was wondering if this stuff could be sprayed.
            Bob, if you're following this, please let me know if this solid color stain can be sprayed on...

            Jeff
            Rely on Me

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
              I now have access to a 1000 watt portable generator. I was wondering if this stuff could be sprayed.
              Bob, if you're following this, please let me know if this solid color stain can be sprayed on...

              Jeff
              Not sure if this matters, but the one that I have is water based stain.

              Comment


              • #37
                There is no need for a sprayer to paint the benches. They should only take about 5 minute to roll out.
                Fly free and straight to the pin!

                Comment


                • #38
                  A big thanks to those who came out and helped with 18's Tee Box.
                  • Deron
                  • Zach
                  • Sean
                  • Rob
                  • Jeremy
                  • Rob's friend
                  • Joe
                  • Lisa
                  • Shrack
                  • everyone whose name I forgot

                  We'll finish our water diversion project there after the LCO is over.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Rolling out the paint for the benches

                    Sean did you pain any benches. Let me know if you're going out to do this.

                    Sky P.
                    Rely on Me

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Sky Pilot View Post
                      Sean did you pain any benches. Let me know if you're going out to do this.

                      Sky P.
                      I painted all the benches today, but not any of the planks (like the one on 18) or the signs. Once I realized that the course layout had changed, I had to kind of jam through it so I could play the different placements before the tournament. I plan on staining the signage and giving the benches another coat, but I doubt I will be able to do it before this weekend. There is enough left to do at least the signs, but probably not the posts.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Sean,

                        I was down there today and saw that you had painted them. They looked better and it appeared that the graffiti was nicely covered. Good job!

                        I recently re-finished the sign frames at Downriver they don't need to be painted.

                        Gordy has built 18 new frames and posts for Highbridge. They would need to have some stain or sealer on them unless he's done this himself. Check with Gordy about this.

                        Thanks for your hard work.

                        Sky Pilot
                        Rely on Me

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Okay, I just played Highbridge this morning and guess who's back to their old tricks?

                          You guessed it: Norte. Before I go on, let me vent some unbridled emoticon vehemence:



                          Now, Let's take a broader perspective on this current 'Norte' problem by thinking about who 'Norte' is... more than likely, Norte is just some ignorant punk who feels the need to inflate his fragile ego by wielding his blatant disregard for other people's efforts at community-building by pissing all over their hard work like a dog with a can of red spray paint. The reality is that 'Norte' is just that: an ignorant punk. He wont last. Chances are he'll soon wind up in jail, or worse, and the 'Norte ' tagging will mysteriously stop. If someone happens to see him in the act (again) and lucks out enough to actually get the cops to nail him for vandalism, all that will happen is a court appearance and a fine and then old 'Norte' will be back with a vengence. So, painting over is the best method, and the quicker the better.

                          Hey Bob, what product are you using? I swear I've got some Behr oil-based one-coat opaque deck stain that is that exact same color(if not damn close). I'm gonna keep a can in the back of the car and just go over 'Norte's' piss whenever I find it.
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I'd imagine Norte is a "they" rather than a "he".

                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte%C3%B1os
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              I'd imagine Norte is a "they" rather than a "he".

                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte%C3%B1os
                              Sean if you're following this and you still have some of that solid color oil based stain and you want to cover this latest offence by the gang - please feel free. I don't know if there is any Norte graffiti at Downriver. If there is and you want to cover that feel free.

                              Sky Pilot
                              Back to playing again - sort of - only backhand... better than nothing... Putting is more consistent
                              SDGA
                              Rely on Me

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                I'd imagine Norte is a "they" rather than a "he".

                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norte%C3%B1os
                                Hmm...highly likely. Regardless, it still means that covering the tags ASAP and continuing to take pride in our course will be the best defense.
                                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X