X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild 18's tee box

I'm looking for some help with making 18's tee a real tee box. If anyone can help let me know what day would work best. I want to try and find some railroad ties to make a retaining wall so if someone has a place to get some for cheap or free that would be great.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
    I'm looking for some help with making 18's tee a real tee box. If anyone can help let me know what day would work best. I want to try and find some railroad ties to make a retaining wall so if someone has a place to get some for cheap or free that would be great.
    I'll help. I am off this weekend and could put in a few hours in the afternoon either day. Got a "bonus" day off next Thursday (the 29th) and would be willing to forego my first trip this year to play Farragut if we garnered a strong crew. Also, hoping we can also resolve the issues around hole 10. The erosion around the current pin placement is getting worse and worse. Players bottleneck when the course is busy. The foliage is taking a beating by frustrated players. Looks real bad from the road. Moving it 20 or 30 feet towards the original pin placement doesn't make it quite so challenging, but still a good alternate and takes the heat off the land.

The rail road runs near my house but they seem to using all of their ties for their trains...what's up with that! I do have some pressure treated and dipped 1 by 6's and maybe a couple of other odds and ends that could be utilized to tier or retain things on 18. I will dig around and get an inventory to you. -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
      This was on Craigslist a couple weeks ago, might still be worth checking out.
      http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/1681397497.html

Comment

I have some railroad ties in my back yard that I've been looking to get rid of. I'll get measurements when it's light again

Comment

So it looks like I have more than enough to do 18's teebox. 4 ties at 6'-7' each. I have limited access to a truck to get them down there, but I'm down to haul them and help put them in. If someone is willing to come to my house and get them, we could probably get it done faster as I would have to borrow a truck.

Comment

I can come by and get the lumber from you, just let me know what day. I won't be doing any work this weekend there are a couple of tourney's.
            I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Craigslist

I saw, in the Free section of Craigslist, 10 RR ties in N. Idaho.
              Maybe somebody over there could pick them up and bring them over?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X