Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already had a plan to just add the number 4 to harder holes for the ams to make them less discouraged. I started playing downriver 9 years ago and par was 63 I didn't quit or complain or cry about how hard it was, I kept playing it, and soon par wasn't that bad. I just don't understand why the alts make all the ams think were driving them away from the course, there alternate pin locations, not staying there forever!!!! In time players get better, at least some. So if we come up with any good ideas that will make the ams happier and if we need to make new tee locations, I would love to see more people at my work parties, so far it has been 5-7 of us and obviously were not doing a good enough job. It takes a lot of hard work on the course to design and install stuff, a lot harder than typing out your concerns on this forum. So I suggest anyone willing to complain about stuff here to bring it to the meeting and then bring your self to a work party so we can fix the course to better suit you. I'm sorry but its easy to type out what you want to see done, but I know everyone in my work party and none of them are on this forum complaining, there the ones helping me make the course better/worse, and I appreciate the"work" we do even if some don't.
    Last edited by Eric whippet Brown; February 8th, 2010, 07:54 AM.
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

I hope that there hasn't been a misunderstanding about what I was trying to say. Nothing that I posted was intended to criticize you or the SDGA. Personally, I really like the changes and I love the rush of action that I'm seeing from you and the other members. While I haven't been playing for long, Highbridge is the best I've ever seen it and I know that I'm not the only one who thinks so. Just the variety that alts give us makes our few courses much deeper and more interesting.

When I said that people look to the SDGA for leadership, I want to clairify what I meant. If members play everything as a par 3, then I think that non-members and new players will follow suit. At that point, I'd say save the ink on the signs and the confusion that comes with having different pars. This is all I meant by that, so if I came off sounding rude, I apologize. Also, I would love to join a work crew with you, so long as it doesn't land on a Monday or Wednesday.

Comment

I'll try to have work parties on the weekends but with tournament season coming up, its hard to get out and work. I hope with the meeting coming up we can figure out what needs to be done.
        I said whippet, whippet good.

Comment

Sean, I don't think anyone said anything rude or out of line, its just that Eric really likes saying the same thing six times in one thread

He also just really likes actions over words, but I think words are good, too. Nothing wrong with people voicing what they think, as long as they're being civil about it (I forget that last part some times...).
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Being an am myself I really don't see a need to make any of the holes at Highbridge a par 4. They aren't long or incredibly wooded. Maybe the only one that would warrant it in the alt would be 10 and thats just because the lines to the basket are so difficult to make clean that most people, even after throwing a great drive to even with the basket, still need two to get at the basket.

With all that said, I threw par on the alts. Felt great. As for the rest of the round, I ended up at one over. Thats what I get for inconsistent putts from 20-30 feet.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment