X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course cleanup and work Wed

I will be down at the course all day fixing various things that need attention. I could use a hand with some projects so bring a shovel and rake and let's fix our courses. We are going to have a chipper down on the course and are going to hopefully chip around the baskets. I could use some help with chipable wood piles near the baskets on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Eric whippet Brown; February 1st, 2010, 06:20 PM. Reason: new work date
    I said whippet, whippet good.

Big thanks goes out to Troy, Brandon, Greg, and Kevin for the help down there today. We knocked out 8 tee boxes and put in 13's pin the way it needed to be done the 1st time, rookies? I will put the basket in the location this weekend, so it will be in play for the dub's.

Comment

Joe's running dubs on Saturday at People's Park so there we won't get to see the pimped out teepads for doubles just yet.

That being said, its awesome that you guys got this knocked out before the Ice Bowl. It will be a nice chance to show off your hard work.

Thanks to Eric and everyone who was there!
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

More work this Wednesday if anyone would like to help.

Comment

Weds is bad for me due to my class schedule, but I may be able to make it in the late afternoon if anyone is still there.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

When does the work party start?
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

11 o'clock I think I want to focus on using the chipper around the baskets the most. There are a few boxes that can be fixed also, but those really don't take that long.

Comment

I'll be there. is there any thought of moving 13's teepad to better face the hole?

Comment

Yes we will adjust the tee pad to face the fairway better, thanks for the help to all that show up. Brandon and I will be down there at 9 starting so if u need to find me listen for the wood chipper. I really want people to give thanks to Brandon when you see him, he is the one with the chipper, and that is saving the club $175, but I didn't want to tap into our club money to rent a chippper for the day. Besides I think wood chips around baskets will make it smell better, then I know that has to help out the game, something has to.

Comment

Just got done working on the course and I want to thank Brandon, Troy, Bailey, Tim, Justin, Tom, Thorton, and some various disc golfers that helped move dead limbs and whatever as they passed thru. The chipper we had just wasn't big enough for the work we were doing today, but some of us are going to chip in on bigger chipper rental for the day. So far we got lots of thanks from a lot of golfers out there, the majority I talked with likes the layout and the new holes so go figure, there's just the people on the forum that don't seem to like it. So I want to thank everyone that gets there hands dirty and work there butts off with me to try and make all the golfers happy, with all the hard work were doing maybe something will be good enough for the toughest critics on this site hope everyone enjoys what we did today, if not?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
                      Just got done working on the course and I want to thank Brandon, Troy, Bailey, Tim, Justin, Tom, Thorton, and some various disc golfers that helped move dead limbs and whatever as they passed thru. The chipper we had just wasn't big enough for the work we were doing today, but some of us are going to chip in on bigger chipper rental for the day. So far we got lots of thanks from a lot of golfers out there, the majority I talked with likes the layout and the new holes so go figure, there's just the people on the forum that don't seem to like it. So I want to thank everyone that gets there hands dirty and work there butts off with me to try and make all the golfers happy, with all the hard work were doing maybe something will be good enough for the toughest critics on this site hope everyone enjoys what we did today, if not?
                      Hey, do I have permission to come down with my son this next week to lop off those pesky sapling stumps on 13? (promise I won't move 10's basket south 15 feet to address the horrific erosion problem we are creating). I plan to win the "Old Guy" City Cup for the 3rd cosecutive time this year. I wanna play... not watch the re-runs from a hospital bed nursing a broken hip... Timmy

Comment

Yes u can cut as many of thoses left over stumps as you like someone has to, and I get bored and mad when I do it. When were you wanting to do some cutting, I will join you and try to get some other help down there to clean up that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric whippet Brown View Post
                          Yes u can cut as many of thoses left over stumps as you like someone has to, and I get bored and mad when I do it. When were you wanting to do some cutting, I will join you and try to get some other help down there to clean up that mess.
                          Thanks,

I wanted to go today but buried with things at work. I will plan for Friday morning around 9am and hopefully go at it until I have to leave for work around noon. I was thinking of starting at the hole. I noticed yesterday there were quite a few small ones partially covered by the mulch. If you see a better starting point just let me know.

Ran into another player that says there is a tool called a daego (sp?) that is very effective on these stumps. It supposedly swings like a pick axe, has a sharp hoe like head and it can take them off below the ground. Heard of such a tool? Would be nice to get them below the ground because they just reappear as the ground gets compacted with traffic. Oh well, one stump at a time. Hopefully see you out there. Tim

Comment

a pulasky (foresters axe) works really well or you can just sharpen a wide pick

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X